AllTerrain

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yoowzahhh that man of war jellyfish looks like the real deal wouldn't want that wrapped on my leg.

Nice pics!!
Sponsored

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Right now - I'd be afraid to take my Bronco Sport down the interstate to visit friends in Florida.
With all the horror stories of engines quitting, brakes failing, fuel leaks, etc My Bronco has become a toy that I pull out of the garage for quick trips to the grocery.
This was going to probably be my last vehicle (72years young), but I'm ready to trade it in.

OP
OP
jofer

jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Worth pointing out for anyone planning on heading out to this area that 1) most of the area is closed for the next year or so for a beach restoration project, and 2) more or less all of the interesting decaying hardware and old pilings/etc were removed in preparation for the restoration project earlier this year. Should improve things a lot afterwards, though!

Last edited:

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Right now - I'd be afraid to take my Bronco Sport down the interstate to visit friends in Florida.
With all the horror stories of engines quitting, brakes failing, fuel leaks, etc My Bronco has become a toy that I pull out of the garage for quick trips to the grocery.
This was going to probably be my last vehicle (72years young), but I'm ready to trade it in.
Just remember that people don’t post about the days when the BS does exactly what it is supposed to do. They post when there is a problem. There are a lot of BS on the road and while some have issues, there really aren’t widespread issues. I had a bad electric brake booster, the dealer replaced it, and now it is running/working wonderfully.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Really ?? I’m 79 & I’d take my 22 OB anywhere. Maybe I got blessed, but mine is one of the best built/assembled vehicles I’ve had over the years.. No issues other than that low speed shudder - cylinder mgmt/turbo flutter & giant key fob.
it’s only going to get better when Ford gets around to installing a really neat software controlled Fire Alarm 🚨.
i just hope the sync screen flashes RED & speakers blare EJECT EJECT EJECT and the 911 assist feature calls the fire dept, just as they used to say on airliners — “in the unlikely event”.
All kidding aside, I’m sorry you’re not happy with yours. Hope you find what you want soon.

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Just remember that people don’t post about the days when the BS does exactly what it is supposed to do. They post when there is a problem. There are a lot of BS on the road and while some have issues, there really aren’t widespread issues. I had a bad electric brake booster, the dealer replaced it, and now it is running/working wonderfully.
I love my Bronco. First thing I did was get ceramic treatment, and tint the front and side windows, 'BUT _ _ The first thing I had to do on the day I picked it up, was make an appointment to get the FORD PASS software reinstalled. OK minor issue.
Next the entire moonroof assembly mysteriously died.
I mean everything. they had to replace two motors and two switches. It worked when I picked it up, but the next time I tried it, Nothing. Had to wait over two months for parts.
I'm not one of the anti Stop/Start heretics. I used mine and a week after I had it in the shop for the moon roof, it quit working. When they got the parts in for the moonroof, I also had them check the StartStop function. Turned out the battery was bad, but it took three trips, and intervention by Ford Support to get them to run the test that showed the battery wasn't holding a charge.
One day when I tried to pull the car out of my garage, I put it in drive and felt it engage, but it wouldn't move. I immediately thought parking brake? but no parking brake wasn't set. I shut the car off,started it back up, and put it in drive, and I heard a Crack! ! Snap ! ! Asked Service department to check it and even told them it felt like it might have come from the right rear. I was guessing loose bolt or pin in the brake assembly. They wouldn't do anything. Stated if we can't duplicate the issue, we can't fix it. I did take it to another shop and they pulled the right wheel, and didn't find anything, but to this day, I still don't know what it was.
The first eight months has been harrowing.
Oh -and I just checked my VIN number and yeah I have the fuel leak recall. I read down to the last line. Expected correction date 10/23.

Last edited:

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I love my Bronco. First thing I did was get ceramic treatment, and tint the front and side windows, 'BUT _ _ The first thing I had to do on the day I picked it up, was make an appointment to get the FORD PASS software reinstalled. OK minor issue.
I mean everything. they had to replace two motors and two switches. It worked when I picked it up, but the next time I tried it, Nothing. Had to wait over two months for parts.
I'm not one of the anti Stop/Start heretics. I used mine and a week after I had it in the shop for the moon roof, it quit working. When they got the parts in for the moonroof, I also had them check the StartStop function. Turned out the battery was bad, but it took three trips, and intervention by Ford Support to get them to run the test that showed the battery wasn't holding a charge.
One day when I tried to pull the car out of my garage, I put it in drive and felt it engage, but it wouldn't move. I immediately thought parking brake? but no parking brake wasn't set. I shut the car off,started it back up, and put it in drive, and I heard a Crack! ! Snap ! ! Asked Service department to check it and even told them it felt like it might have come from the right rear. I was guessing loose bolt or pin in the brake assembly. They wouldn't do anything. Stated if we can't duplicate the issue, we can't fix it. I did take it to another shop and they pulled the right wheel, and didn't find anything, but to this day, I still don't know what it was.
Oh -and I just checked my VIN number and yeah I have the fuel leak recall. I read down to the last line. Expected correction date 10/23.
Understood, good luck with whatever you decide to do.

BTW, the noise you heard trying to back out could have been the rear brakes stuck. The car I had before, or more specifically the brakes that I replaced the OEM’s with, would sort of stick especially if they got wet and would make a disturbing noise when the broke free and the car would lurch. Your description just reminded me of that.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah not a good experience and dealer service sounds less then ideal too. I would probably trade it in get rid of that head ache.

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Really ?? I’m 79 & I’d take my 22 OB anywhere. Maybe I got blessed, but mine is one of the best built/assembled vehicles I’ve had over the years.. No issues other than that low speed shudder - cylinder mgmt/turbo flutter & giant key fob.
it’s only going to get better when Ford gets around to installing a really neat software controlled Fire Alarm 🚨.
i just hope the sync screen flashes RED & speakers blare EJECT EJECT EJECT and the 911 assist feature calls the fire dept, just as they used to say on airliners — “in the unlikely event”.
All kidding aside, I’m sorry you’re not happy with yours. Hope you find what you want soon.
It was only after my third reading of this that it dawned on me that you were talking about the new Fuel injector recall. I read it to my wife and she was in tears laughing.
Good One ! ! !
Sponsored