First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone purchased a big bend and wish they went with the badlands like me? I've done a little research and it is possible to transform the big bend into the larger engine, manually lock 4x4 drive badlands. The only spec I didn't investigate prices on is the larger engine which I'm gonna pass on for now.

Badlands: 2.0L Turbo Inline-4 Gas, 250 hp @ 5500 rpm, 277 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm, 23MPG, Cargo space 60.6ft

Bigbend: 1.5L Turbo Inline-3 Gas, 181 hp @ 6000 rpm, 190 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm, 26MPG, Cargo space 65.2 ftĀ³

The Badlands adds both Mud/Ruts and Rock Crawl modes, plus the aforementioned center diff lock (which happens automatically in some modes) and a rear diff lock to really boost the Bronco Sport's ability to find traction. Unfortunately, all Bronco Sport models all have a single-speed 4WD system. But the Badlands lets you manually ā€œlockā€ the 4WD system into a 50/50 front-to-rear torque split. G.O.A.T (Goes Over Any Terrain)

Would skidplates help the Big Bendā€”yes because bad lands have steel ones. But youā€™d also have to add coolers for the transmission and PTU, that twin-clutch rear diff and additional transmission modes.

Advanced 4x4 package ($795). The total comes to $7,385, which isn't exactly cheap but it will turn your bigbend into a badlands with more storage room and better with gas.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
There is no sasquatch package on the bronco sport, only the full size bronco.

That out of the way, the cost of the badlands parts (if you can even get them) plus labor is going to exceed what it would cost to sell your big bend and buy a badlands. You'd also never be able to recoup your investment going down the retrofit path

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
no sasquatch on bronco sports.

i'd suggest a little more 'research' lol ....

by the time you buy a motor, differential, all the wiring and electronics yadda yadda yadda ..... it's totally not worth it and a huge waste of time and money. if you want a badlands that bad, it's probably easier and cheaper to trade in for the badlands.

i have a base model and zero regrets personally. skid plates and stuff can be added later.

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000
Yep, place an order for a 2023 Badlands and sell/trade-in your BB. Thankfully resale values are strong, so the sting shouldn't be *too* bad.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Has anyone purchased a big bend and wish they went with the badlands like me? I've done a little research and it is possible to transform the big bend into the larger engine, manually lock 4x4 drive badlands. The only spec I didn't investigate prices on is the larger engine which I'm gonna pass on for now.

All these modifications come with the sasquatch package which also comes stock with the BadLands:

-Electronic-locking front and rear axles, manually ā€œlockā€ the 4WD system into a 50/50 front-to-rear torque split.

-Steel skid plates

-Add coolers for the transmission and PTU

-Twin-clutch rear diff and additional transmission modes.

Badlands: 2.0L Turbo Inline-4 Gas, 250 hp @ 5500 rpm, 277 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm, 23MPG, Cargo space 60.6ft

Bigbend: 1.5L Turbo Inline-3 Gas, 181 hp @ 6000 rpm, 190 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm, 26MPG, Cargo space 65.2 ftĀ³

The Badlands adds both Mud/Ruts and Rock Crawl modes, plus the aforementioned center diff lock (which happens automatically in some modes) and a rear diff lock to really boost the Bronco Sport's ability to find traction. Unfortunately, all Bronco Sport models all have a single-speed 4WD system. But the Badlands lets you manually ā€œlockā€ the 4WD system into a 50/50 front-to-rear torque split. G.O.A.T (Goes Over Any Terrain)

Would skidplates help the Big Bendā€”yes because bad lands have steel ones. But youā€™d also have to add coolers for the transmission and PTU, that twin-clutch rear diff and additional transmission modes.

Sasquash Package

Performance Specs

Add the Sasquatch package to any model, and you get 17-inch beadlock wheels, electronic-locking front and rear axles, the topline 4-wheel-drive system, high-clearance suspension, and High-performance Off-road Stability Suspension with Bilstein position-sensitive shocks.

Sasquash Price

The Sasquatch Package alone currently costs $4,995, but in order to get it on those aforementioned models, buyers must tack on the optional 10-speed automatic transmission ($1,595) and the Advanced 4x4 package ($795). The total comes to $7,385, which isn't exactly cheap but it will turn your bigbend into a badlands with more storage room and better with gas.
As others have said, you are mixing up two different vehicles. Sasquatch comes on a full size bronco and not Bronco Sports.

If you are talking Bronco Sports, you will spend more making the change than just trading yours in for a new 2022 Bronco Sport badlands or if you really want a full size Bronco with Sasquatch, order it and hold the BB. In a year or two when it arrives then sell the BB.

OP
OP
compass crusher

compass crusher

Big Bend
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Dam lol! Point made. Thanks man!

I have all this done already:

Rough Country Nudge Bar
Larger Tires (that actually fit) 245/65/17
1.5 Rough Country Lift
Cross Bars
Ski Rack
Hitch Hook
Mole Bags
Tinted Front Widows
Invisible Bra
Roof Top Carrier
Hitch Cargo Carrier
Easter Egg SUV Windows
Mud Flaps

Looks like I'll have to get all this done aftermarket with a 4x4 shop.
-Electronic-locking front and rear axles, manually ā€œlockā€ the 4WD system into a 50/50 front-to-rear torque split.

-Steel skid plates

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Rough Country Nudge Bar
1.5 Rough Country Lift

-Steel skid plates

Orā€¦..

Ford Bronco Sport Transforming A BigBend Into A BadLands 04C419F4-30BF-4D19-A845-2B7E928D5E4D

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R

Rough Country Nudge Bar
1.5 Rough Country Lift

-Steel skid plates

You don't really have all that much done already... you'd still come out ahead either returning the car to stock and selling it or just selling it as is and getting a badlands.

you're asking for problems, especially with the modifications you want to make to the AWD system. whatever a shop tells you its going to cost budget 25-50% more.

What are you really trying to accomplish here? You want a badlands or you want your car to be better off road than it was out of the box?

greenlaker

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport/'15 M-B Sprinter Crew/'01 S2000
For what it's worth, I am still tempted to order this for myself. Just having a tough time rationalizing it when a Maverick Hybrid would be far more sensible for my wants and needs.

Ford Bronco Sport Transforming A BigBend Into A BadLands Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 8.01.30 PM
Sponsored