OP
OP

G.smith52

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
thx for the update.. now i know how to remove the plastic trim..!! also i agree with you on how they run the wire for power..
Sponsored

Legin2000

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just got a hitch installed at uhaul. They used a Curt adapter (59236). The output is a 4-pin flat.

I'm finding the campers i want to pull require a 7-pin to drive the brakes.

The Ford wiring seems to be 4-pin which doesn't help.

Legin2000

Badlands
First Name
Nigel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just got a hitch installed at uhaul. They used a Curt adapter (59236). The output is a 4-pin flat.

I'm finding the campers i want to pull require a 7-pin to drive the brakes.

The Ford wiring seems to be 4-pin which doesn't help.
I had UHaul upgrade the 4 pin flat to a 7 pin round. Using a Curt wireless brake controller, I'm pulling a teardrop trailer with electric brakes. Been on a few short trips and everything works fine.

k1oj

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I installed the Curt adapter (59236) myself. Then purchased a small rv that has electric brakes. I picked up a Tekonsha P3 controller. Did not want to spend 3-6 hundred to have it installed so I did it myself... not for the faint of heart! Only reason I succeeded is I'm and EE. For those interested... The correct wire to use for the brake signal off you brake switch is violet with white stripe. The other wire that switches 12v when depressed will also short straight to ground when not on the brake and kill you controller. Caution!
Sponsored