looking for recommendations on a tow wiring harness for my Badlands.. TIA
Sponsored

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
Ford has one in the accessory catalog for $110, see part number FT1Z-15A416-A. I picked one up from my local dealer the other day, just waiting for my hitch to come in so I can have them both installed together.

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I grabbed the FT1Z-15A416-A part on eBay for about $75. It has a reasonable return window, in case it isn't real.

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I received my wiring kit. There were no instructions, the box points to the dealer only portal. I am sure that I can get it with the brief description on the label; would prefer to see the correct ones. Idid find an older set for Escape.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer wiring harness recommendations? IMG_0151.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer wiring harness recommendations? IMG_0150.JPG

Attachments

Pete_72

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I received my wiring kit. There were no instructions, the box points to the dealer only portal. I am sure that I can get it with the brief description on the label; would prefer to see the correct ones. Idid find an older set for Escape.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer wiring harness recommendations? IMG_0151.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer wiring harness recommendations? IMG_0150.JPG
Did you get the harness installed yet? I got mine in today, hopefully I’ll get a chance to install it this weekend

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
Did you get the harness installed yet? I got mine in today, hopefully I’ll get a chance to install it this weekend
I had mine installed at the dealer last week. The tech said it took a little over 2 hours.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
They charged me $280 total. They tucked the 4-pin connector up against the receiver tube. Not much slack in it though, so I have to use an extension in order for my trailer connector to reach.

Pete_72

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I checked with 3 dealerships near me and none of them have done a Bronco, they want to change 7+ hours.....a little over $900! That’s why I’m planning on doing it myself.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
I checked with 3 dealerships near me and none of them have done a Bronco, they want to change 7+ hours.....a little over $900! That’s why I’m planning on doing it myself.
The dealer I went to said the same thing, they wouldn't give me an exact quote but said it could take a day or more. I decided to take my chances and thankfully it ended up only being 2 hours labor.

PersimmonHills

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I haven't done it yet. I am till waiting to get answers on 'Towing Mode'. I will likely install it regardless, if it creates issues for light duty hitch use; I am not apposed to adding an inductive interface later. The install won't be bad for me, I installed mobile phones way back when. They required connecting to the horn and battery, the center console, a box in the trunk, and an antenna mounted in the center of the roof. We'd do 10 a day including brand new Benz'.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
I haven't done it yet. I am till waiting to get answers on 'Towing Mode'. I will likely install it regardless, if it creates issues for light duty hitch use; I am not apposed to adding an inductive interface later. The install won't be bad for me, I installed mobile phones way back when. They required connecting to the horn and battery, the center console, a box in the trunk, and an antenna mounted in the center of the roof. We'd do 10 a day including brand new Benz'.
FYI mine doesn't seem to have any sort of towing mode added. No prompts on the dash or center screen when lights are connected, and nothing feels different while driving.

fdes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Uhaul just posted a video on youtube on how to wire the Bronco Sport wiring harness, well theirs in this case. Don’t like how they route the power...

OP
OP

G.smith52

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Uhaul just posted a video on youtube on how to wire the Bronco Sport wiring harness, well theirs in this case. Don’t like how they route the power...

Sponsored