RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's not a Ford hitch. I forget the name brand. It's a class 3 hitch. Ford dealer sent it out to a local trailer dealer and had it installed. Including the low clearance of the plug in, I also think it looks terrible. Sending it back to have the plug installed properly. I was looking for photos of where the light plug is usually mounted. It appears (and makes much more sense) it should have been installed through the bumper, to the left of the license plate.
My Dealer had no idea what was going on with delay in trailer hitches. So after six weeks I turned to this forum and looked on line at Curt. Showed my dealer and had them order one. I prepaid for hitch when I bought my BS/BB. So they ordered hitch and I insisted they install Ford harness so they couldn't complain. They called and said they would have to cut the rear panel. I said I was aware, It took two days for them to finish.
Sponsored

Deleted member 4922

No, it was not installed at the factory. The dealer I purchased the Bronco from, sent it out locally to have it installed at a shop. Really not happy with it. I'm afraid it's going to be torn off
That doesn't sound good. I ordered mine with a hitch and when I went to pick it up, there was no hitch. I asked about it and the sales guy said "I could see you were in a hurry to get your new car so call this guy up the road and he'll install it at the price we pay". I called the place up the road and they said they'd spoken to the sales guy, told him they were out of stock for six weeks and told me to call back in two months. Car salesmen being full of it is nothing new but so far, I've lost six weeks mid summer without being able to tow my jet skis.

I'm glad you posted this because if they think they're going to put the connector that low, I'll take the Bronco back and buy a Jeep. This is kind of a sore point with me. I like the Bronco but I'm not impressed with Ford at all.

Deleted member 2781

Reviving this just so others are aware - Curt makes a nice mount for a 7-pin connection that sits next to the receiver. This is what I use.

Ford Bronco Sport Trailer hitch light plug in 71Z0QTWiXPL._AC_SX679_
Sponsored