TPMS Sensors Losing Connectivity?

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
I have 2 TPMS sensors that keep losing connectivity, where the wheel shows no psi and I get an error message. Luckily I have a OEM Ford TPMS sensor tool to reconnect them, especially where my Ford dealer is 6 weeks out for a service appointment.
Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport TPMS Sensors Losing Connectivity? 2A6DC5EC-F461-4606-960A-FE8F06179299

This has been happening to me pretty consistent on my right side. Usually rear tire but sometimes front as you can see. Usually happens when I drive longer periods of time. Then goes back after longer time.

Broncolution

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your analog gauge is showing 80 mph, the digital 59 ?
His analog gauge is showing correctly right below 60.

On the tpms losing connectivity I can only think that it is a faulty sensors but I can’t confirm this. Best thing to do is take it in. Apologies that I couldn’t be of more help.

Last edited:

Bdud

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Ford Bronco Sport TPMS Sensors Losing Connectivity? 2A6DC5EC-F461-4606-960A-FE8F06179299

This has been happening to me pretty consistent on my right side. Usually rear tire but sometimes front as you can see. Usually happens when I drive longer periods of time. Then goes back after longer time.
Isn't the recommend tire pressure 33?

OP
OP
rmreid22

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
His analog gauge is showing correctly right below 60.

On the tpms losing connectivity I can only think that it is a faulty sensors but I can’t confirm this. Best thing to do is take it in. Apologies that I couldn’t be of more help.
Agreed, but my appointment is 6 weeks out

OP
OP
rmreid22

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Same right front and right rear for me fairly consistent as well... Oh well we will see what the dealer says in 6 weeks

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Isn't the recommend tire pressure 33?
Not running OEM tires. I’ve deflated to 38 a couple times but they seem to run hot. Or whatever. I’ve also asked Discount a few times and they didn’t recommend any lower on my tire. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have 2 TPMS sensors that keep losing connectivity, where the wheel shows no psi and I get an error message. Luckily I have a OEM Ford TPMS sensor tool to reconnect them, especially where my Ford dealer is 6 weeks out for a service appointment.
Hi there. This doesn't sound like an experience we want you to have with your Bronco Sport. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to look into how I can assist you with this TPMS concern on my end.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Hello! If you would also like to send us a PM with your VIN and local Ford dealer, I'd be happy to look into this for you!

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've had this happen, too. The front left TPMS went out and I replaced the sensor. I also had the dealer rotate the tires. Three months later, the TPMS goes out on my left front wheel?! I haven't been able to get back to the dealer. Where did you get the Ford TPMS sensor tool? I'd like to know if the sensor is dead, or just lost the connection.
Sponsored