YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I don't need or like the tow package look but I'm finding more with the package than without. Is there any special cutouts to the rear bumper or valance that if I remove the hitch there will be a void or something to the rear saying that there was a tow package on the vehicle?
Sponsored

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Why not just leave it?

Reactions: Jrl

Davenorton

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 BadLands/Badlands trim Black over rapid red.
I am adding the tow package, after the order was submitted, I think the added flexibility is worth it. I should have plenty with the 2250 load limit to do what I expect.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
think of resale value, that helps down the road. But I can see your point.
Being factory built, its quite integrated with the frame. I could very well be removed, but not a simple "remove a couple bolts" kind of task, I believe, and a replacement bumper cover for the hole that would remain.
Better and cheaper options would be to find a good bumper cover., simple caps, to an extra brake light or even a functional step.

OP
OP

YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
think of resale value, that helps down the road. But I can see your point.
Being factory built, its quite integrated with the frame. I could very well be removed, but not a simple "remove a couple bolts" kind of task, I believe, and a replacement bumper cover for the hole that would remain.
Better and cheaper options would be to find a good bumper cover., simple caps, to an extra brake light or even a functional step.
ok if it’s that much trouble then if I get one that has it I’ll just keep it. It’s fine I guess just wanted clean look back there. Thanks.

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Ford Bronco Sport Tow package removal BF07D074-715D-49F9-9B77-43A791827F24

I like this. The tow capacity in these are incredibly small. Ultimately I like the hitch because it provides security for the bumper. Have owned a lot of trucks and when I had a hitch installed, it saved the vehicle a lot of damage...

OP
OP

YFD_322

Outer Banks
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just buy the step that they already do make for the tow insert. That would make great use of the hitch. Seen it on our post somewhere.
Ford Bronco Sport Tow package removal BF07D074-715D-49F9-9B77-43A791827F24

I like this. The tow capacity in these are incredibly small. Ultimately I like the hitch because it provides security for the bumper. Have owned a lot of trucks and when I had a hitch installed, it saved the vehicle a lot of damage...
that’s a good point

tuolumnejim

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If you were closer I would have swapped my bumper cover with you, I need the hitch.

Baracuda6

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I don't need or like the tow package look but I'm finding more with the package than without. Is there any special cutouts to the rear bumper or valance that if I remove the hitch there will be a void or something to the rear saying that there was a tow package on the vehicle?
Man i wish I had this problem. Tow package was on my list but didn’t come with my BB package. I’m in Nj so if you’re still considering I would gladly swap with you

thesavo

Outer Banks
First Name
savo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Edge SEL, 2014 Patriot, 2021 Bronco Sport OB
Tow is an add-on to all trim and packages. It doesn't come with any of them.
Sponsored