KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
This happened to me once and I just turned my car off, opened the door, closed it and started it again and it went back to normal. Will keep this in mind too.

Also, @SnowReaper , I have to check for updates on my BS too… I don’t have the best wifi signal in my driveway so I never did one. Hopefully this helps too.
Sponsored

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If your screen is black, press and hold the power button on the volume knob and the Right-Seek (forward skip button)button together until your display indicates it is resetting or has turned on. You may then release the buttons.
Does just this effect a "reboot", or a "wipe + reset"? (I'd rather not experiment with blowing away settings)

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
If your screen is black, press and hold the power button on the volume knob and the Right-Seek (forward skip button)button together until your display indicates it is resetting or has turned on. You may then release the buttons.
Does just this effect a "reboot", or a "wipe + reset"? (I'd rather not experiment with blowing away settings)
I took a gamble and tried it. This triggers a soft-reset , i.e. a reboot only. All settings appear to be preserved.

GirlsFlyFish2

Big Bend
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Did they fix it??
NFW! Yes, Seriously! ??- My H and I are currently in our Bronco Sport on our way to the PSU Military Appreciation Football game and telling our passengers this story: at least we can play music through the speakers using the iPhone with iTunes, Amazon Music etc but I’m absolutely furious- we have had a non working screen LONGER than we have had the vehicle!

I got called into the dealership Svc shop a couple of months ago when the replacement computer chip arrived that was supposed to repair the screen and after spending my day teleworking from the dealership for 3 hours i was informed that the new chip didn’t fix the issue, they have to order an ENTIRE NEW TOUCH SCREEN. No word since then and zero update calls. My new touch screen is probably on some barge idling off the West Coast in the Pacific Ocean. I am going to write to Ford Corporate requesting a comp item like a trailer hitch or something….need to figure out the best wording for the email first. I welcome any suggestions.

Last edited:

shesfancy

Big Bend
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My touch screen is blacked out as well and I’ve had mine since April. I’ve tried what you all have said on here and nothing has worked yet. I was hoping not to have to sit at the dealership all day or have her sit there for weeks! This sucks for a brand new vehicle to do this! ??

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
My 2021 Bronco Sport touchscreen has blacked out for the first time after owning for 8 months with only 9,000 miles on it. After reviewing different online solutions I discovered how to reset the touchscreen and Ford Sync system.

Ford Bronco Sport Touch Screen black outs 9AF3A290-D8D5-4062-BFC9-B83F935BDA20
good to know. thanks!
sometimes I purposely click on the BlackOut button (next to the right seek button) so i have a calm screen.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
My touch screen is blacked out as well and I’ve had mine since April. I’ve tried what you all have said on here and nothing has worked yet. I was hoping not to have to sit at the dealership all day or have her sit there for weeks! This sucks for a brand new vehicle to do this! ??
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

shesfancy

Big Bend
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
apparently idk how to send a private message here.
Hover over Ford Motor Company or their avatar and click on 'Start Conversation'.

It's called conversations on XenForro software instead of private messages.

SDFriar713

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Did you ever get a resolution to this issue with the touch screen being completely dead? This just happened to me and the "quick reset" method did nothing...

SDFriar713

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Did they fix it??
So.. Mine did that and never came back on. I googled the issue and found a video on YouTube how to reset it. It worked but happened two more times.
I looked up the issue on a ford site and there was a link to add your vin# to see if there was an update. Mine had an update. I believe because there was no available WiFi signal it could not perform the update.
I ran the update last night and so far so good. Not throwing a party just yet ?
You need a really strong WiFi signal or it will take forever! I used my portable MiFi and left it in my Bronco. That worked like a charm!
I hope this helps :)
Do you have a link to the Youtube video?

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I’m in the same boat. Sigh!
It’s possible you have the problem discussed in TSB 22-2254 “Sync issues caused by corrupted APIM” but I suggest you first try the following reset(s): (at the end of this post I included a link to TSB 22-2254 PDF)

RESETTING THE SYNC3 SYSTEM
1. Simultaneously press and hold the seek up (seek forward) and the audio unit power buttons until the screen goes black.
2. Wait three minutes to allow the system to complete the reset.
3. Press the audio unit power button to switch the system on.

Usually a Master Reset is not needed for the problem you are having but here are instructions for that. I have done a Master Reset before and the only setting I had to restore is to re-pair my phone and enable CarPlay:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/how-do-i-perform-a-sync-3-master-reset/

https://community.cyanlabs.net/uploads/short-url/xzlS3pmnyk4POB8ROhWjOu1fqOk.pdf

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I have the same problem with my wife's '20 Ecosport. The dealer had the car for a day and couldn't find a problem. They contacted the "experts" at Ford and installed a new ACM. It was OK for a while, but it occasionally does it again. When this happens, we have to re pair my wife's phone. And re-connect to the internet. Hopefully it won't happen while we are on a trip following the navigation. We only have about 12000 miles on this vehicle.
Sponsored