BS51

First Edition
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
On occasion, First Edition touch screen blacks out. Curiously, the radio still plays, one can adjust the volume, but not turn the audio off or change channels. Once I restart the car, after opening the door for complete re-boot, the touch screen will show normal video. I have had the BS for about a month and this has happened on 4 occasions. Anyone else having similar touch screen issues?
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sounds like a console issue. I'd report it to your dealer/Ford as it will likely happen larger scale soon. Chrysler had to replace thousands of screen modules. My car and my wife's jeep were two of them my nav just started flipping out, put me three hours away from anywhere I was located and then the rest of it went to crap. And that's a vehicle in it's 12th year of production vs such a limited number of broncos to this point if that makes sense

tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine has done that a few times. If it happens before I drive out of where ever I am parked, I turn off the BS and wait until it is off off, then turn it back on and it works.

Usually only happens at start up for me. Has happened maybe 2-3 times in the 3 months I've had it.

BjB13

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Today my screen on my BB had a black out. No music at all it was out for several min then rebooted itself. Has anyone else had this issue recently? If so what was the cause ?

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Currently I'm still waiting for my BS, but my 2018 Ecosport has done the same things reported here.

Make sure your up to date with Sync 3, if your update is current then try Master Reset.

Hope this helps, also check out this site, CyanLabs, they have an installer to help with the process.

Gidget91

Outer Banks
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Today my screen on my BB had a black out. No music at all it was out for several min then rebooted itself. Has anyone else had this issue recently? If so what was the cause ?
So.. Mine did that and never came back on. I googled the issue and found a video on YouTube how to reset it. It worked but happened two more times.
I looked up the issue on a ford site and there was a link to add your vin# to see if there was an update. Mine had an update. I believe because there was no available WiFi signal it could not perform the update.
I ran the update last night and so far so good. Not throwing a party just yet ?
You need a really strong WiFi signal or it will take forever! I used my portable MiFi and left it in my Bronco. That worked like a charm!
I hope this helps :)

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Sounds like a console issue. I'd report it to your dealer/Ford as it will likely happen larger scale soon. Chrysler had to replace thousands of screen modules. My car and my wife's jeep were two of them my nav just started flipping out, put me three hours away from anywhere I was located and then the rest of it went to crap. And that's a vehicle in it's 12th year of production vs such a limited number of broncos to this point if that makes sense
My guess is there is a problem with the APIM (accessory protocol interface module). This module is sort of the traffic cop for what you see displayed/controlled on the center screen. I had one fail in my F150. The dealer first blamed it on my ipod plugged into the USB port and sent me on my way. A block from the dealer (with the ipod removed) the display went out again so I turned around and brought it back. They replaced the APIM and I haven't had a problem since. This is not an uncommon problem with Sync-3. Do a search on Ford APIM, see what comes up.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
never once yet …. knock on wood

GirlsFlyFish2

Big Bend
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Well the BLANK TOUCH SCREEN OF DEATH happened to our Bronco Sport Big Bend 4 weeks ago: we had only bought it on Mother’s Day weekend!

Backstory: upon notification that it was required, I updated the Sync version- did this while LeBRONCO (what we named it) was parked in our driveway and logged on to our home Gigabit Wifi. I’ve been in customer facing jobs and are sensitive to reps so I was surprised but calm about not being expedited when I called the dealership about this damn new purchase and told that had to make an Appt/had to wait 4 weeks. Btw I’m pretty IT savvy so I had performed the soft resets and the Bronco reboot screen would reboot but still go blank immediately. (Radio/satellite/phones work using steering buttons).

I’m here, right now in the service waiting room: it’s currently 1:15PM EST on Monday 7/26/21 and my vehicle has been in the service garage since my Appt began at 10am. The update I received at 12pm was that the tech can’t figure out the reason the screen won’t come up and the clerk offered to reschedule if I need to leave. I replied kindly but firmly and I did not yell:

“I AM STAYING HERE UNTIL IT IS FIXED. DO A MASTER RESET IF YOU HAVE TO. I AM GOING ON A ROADTRIP THIS WEEKEND AND THE SCREEN MUST BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL, PLEASE.”

I am glad I brought my office electronics and charging equipment with me here so that I can telework from the dealership ?

Gidget91

Outer Banks
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Well the BLANK TOUCH SCREEN OF DEATH happened to our Bronco Sport Big Bend 4 weeks ago: we had only bought it on Mother’s Day weekend!

Backstory: upon notification that it was required, I updated the Sync version- did this while LeBRONCO (what we named it) was parked in our driveway and logged on to our home Gigabit Wifi. I’ve been in customer facing jobs and are sensitive to reps so I was surprised but calm about not being expedited when I called the dealership about this damn new purchase and told that had to make an Appt/had to wait 4 weeks. Btw I’m pretty IT savvy so I had performed the soft resets and the Bronco reboot screen would reboot but still go blank immediately. (Radio/satellite/phones work using steering buttons).

I’m here, right now in the service waiting room: it’s currently 1:15PM EST on Monday 7/26/21 and my vehicle has been in the service garage since my Appt began at 10am. The update I received at 12pm was that the tech can’t figure out the reason the screen won’t come up and the clerk offered to reschedule if I need to leave. I replied kindly but firmly and I did not yell:

“I AM STAYING HERE UNTIL IT IS FIXED. DO A MASTER RESET IF YOU HAVE TO. I AM GOING ON A ROADTRIP THIS WEEKEND AND THE SCREEN MUST BE FULLY FUNCTIONAL, PLEASE.”

I am glad I brought my office electronics and charging equipment with me here so that I can telework from the dealership ?
Did they fix it??

annm

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford bronco
We had issues with our screen going black, radio unable to turn on or off and the scariest was showing the backup camera while we were driving forward. Of course when we brought it in initially it did not happen for them. We took it back happened again all of the issues and they said that if it did we would need a "A1Pin" or "1APin" so they ordered it , took about two weeks to get and they installed it. Works fine for now.

Hmichel00

Base
First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
My 2021 Bronco Sport touchscreen has blacked out for the first time after owning for 8 months with only 9,000 miles on it. After reviewing different online solutions I discovered how to reset the touchscreen and Ford Sync system.

If your screen is black, press and hold the power button on the volume knob and the Right-Seek (forward skip button)button together until your display indicates it is resetting or has turned on. You may then release the buttons.
Ford Bronco Sport Touch Screen black outs 9AF3A290-D8D5-4062-BFC9-B83F935BDA20

SnowReaper

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
On occasion, First Edition touch screen blacks out. Curiously, the radio still plays, one can adjust the volume, but not turn the audio off or change channels. Once I restart the car, after opening the door for complete re-boot, the touch screen will show normal video. I have had the BS for about a month and this has happened on 4 occasions. Anyone else having similar touch screen issues?
Do you have an software update needed? I had this happen with my BB and after connecting to my wife checked for updates and sure enough there was one needed. After update no issues.
Sponsored