BroncoDoc

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I was set on getting the TOYO Open Country at3 for my Outer Banks. They seemed to be the closest to my KO2s that I had on my F150 4x4 without be the crossover type that BFG Trail-Terrain and Falken Wildpeak at trails are.

Someone said that I could get the BFG KO2s at 255/55/18 and it would be fine.Aren’t they a much heavier tire and when you get into plus-sizing I’d now have to worry about accurate speedometer, braking issues in the future, proper returning to center after cornering, poor gas mileage, etc?

id love some KO2s but don’t want tocreate any issues just for the sake of having them when the TOYO seem to do Just as well.

any insight?
Sponsored

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I was set on getting the TOYO Open Country at3 for my Outer Banks. They seemed to be the closest to my KO2s that I had on my F150 4x4 without be the crossover type that BFG Trail-Terrain and Falken Wildpeak at trails are.

Someone said that I could get the BFG KO2s at 255/55/18 and it would be fine.Aren’t they a much heavier tire and when you get into plus-sizing I’d now have to worry about accurate speedometer, braking issues in the future, proper returning to center after cornering, poor gas mileage, etc?

id love some KO2s but don’t want tocreate any issues just for the sake of having them when the TOYO seem to do Just as well.

any insight?
Take a look at Tire rack and you can compare tires and sizes. The weight and speed difference may not be that much. Seems like many on here have upgraded to larger and heavier tires without many complaints.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

any insight?
I wanted KO2s but again same 18" problem... Always thought I'd switch to a 17 and get it but the toyos handle everything I throw at them. 20k miles on them and I'll probably get them again when the time comes.

OP
OP

BroncoDoc

Outer Banks
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have Toyo Open Country AT3 235/65/18 and have loved every mile
Ford Bronco Sport Tires and sizing 18A78605-0864-4D7E-BC0F-010D3A6DF3BB
Have you been able to take them in the snow yet? How’s they do? I will be in the PNW mostly, so interested in their performance. I’m very experienced with the BFG KO2s, not so much the other tires.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Have you been able to take them in the snow yet? How’s they do? I will be in the PNW mostly, so interested in their performance. I’m very experienced with the BFG KO2s, not so much the other tires.
No snow down on the Gulf Coast of Texas. Driven on soft sand regularly and done well. Hardly use sand mode and no issues. Minor off roading including some freshly rained muddy spots and still no issues. No rubbing for me but I’m not pushing the limits of the Bronco either.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Have you taken them in the snow at all? How’s they do?
Yes. We had over a foot of snow just after I got them and they were a big improvement over the OEM Michelins.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Also, have you taken them off-road at all? I’m curious if the 65 size caused any rubbing?
I have 245/65's. No rubbing at full lock and articulation.
The lugs no KO2'S are wider so I have heard about mine issues.
I was thinking about trying 235/70's next.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I have 245/65's. No rubbing at full lock and articulation.
The lugs no KO2'S are wider so I have heard about mine issues.
I was thinking about trying 235/70's next.
Goatsy, can you translate your second sentence? You must be learning from my writing! :cool:

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Goatsy, can you translate your second sentence? You must be learning from my writing! :cool:
Yup, change "no" to "on" and take out the word "mine".
On KO2'S the sidewall lugs extend out from the tire much more than most others. It makes the tread surface wider.
Basically KO2's are wider than other tires.
Sponsored