Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Because BL, my car has a full sized spare. I bought 5 wheels/tires to replace the stock set but I don’t know if the spare tire has a TPMS sensor in it. If it does, the tire shop did not switch it over to my fifth wheel.

If it doesn’t, then can I have a sensor installed and then work that into the system when I do tire rotations?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Because BL, my car has a full sized spare. I bought 5 wheels/tires to replace the stock set but I don’t know if the spare tire has a TPMS sensor in it. If it does, the tire shop did not switch it over to my fifth wheel.

If it doesn’t, then can I have a sensor installed and then work that into the system when I do tire rotations?
Eric, Discount Tire included a sensor when I had them install a matching Falken tire onto the Badlands rim I bought. I just rotated the tire in this week. It recognized it without issue.

Cards67

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I did my first tire rotation today and can confirm the BS will relearn the tire locations on its own.

After rotating the tires, I increased the front left tire to 38 psi (this tire used to be on the right rear). The other 3 tires were at 33 psi. At the start of the drive, the display showed the right rear was at 38 psi (old location). After about 5 minutes, the display switched to show the 38 psi tire was on the left front (new location).

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
When I buy a new car, I like it to be a little different looking. That's why I run chrome mag wheels in the good weather. When I get a new vehicle, I mount my 4 snow tires on the factory rims for winter driving. Then I mount the factory all-season tires on my chrome mags for summer driving. I have TPMS valves installed on my mag wheels. Every fall and spring I change over the tires and rotate them. In 2006 I had TPMS valves that had to be re-calibrated every time. I bought new mag wheels and TPMS valves in 2008. Since then, I've never had a problem. The valves automatically re-calibrated every time. I have used these mags on my 2008 Milan, my 2010 Lincoln MKZ, my 2014 Escape, my 2017 MKC, and my 2019 Edge. Now I will use them on my '23 OBX.

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
The TPMS display constantly shows the tire that is currently in rear left position to be about 3 psi lower that the other 3 tires--despite being filled from the same compressor/regulator set to the same psi. I'm guessing that means it's base level calibration is "off" vs the other three sensors. Is there a DIY way to correct this? And yes, I know I'm being a little OC about this.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The TPMS display constantly shows the tire that is currently in rear left position to be about 3 psi lower that the other 3 tires--despite being filled from the same compressor/regulator set to the same psi. I'm guessing that means it's base level calibration is "off" vs the other three sensors. Is there a DIY way to correct this? And yes, I know I'm being a little OC about this.
The video below describes a procedure to manually reset the TPMS sensors. You can take this procedure one step further by releasing a bit of air from each tire while listening for the horn. Once the horn sounds the pressure sensor for that position has been set. Go back and look at the display for the next position to reset. Repeat until you've reset all the tire sensors. Don't forget to refill all the tires after finishing up the procedure.

AlpharettaOuterBank

Outer Banks
First Name
kdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer bank

my front tires are getting worn,...im going to put them in the back.
Sponsored