nategannam

Outer Banks
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Does the BS know when you rotate your tires in relation to the tire pressure sensors? I got mine done at the Ford dealer but in the future I will use an outside shop. I did not see anything related to this in the instruction manual, so I assume it is automatic
Sponsored

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Does the BS know when you rotate your tires in relation to the tire pressure sensors? I got mine done at the Ford dealer but in the future I will use an outside shop. I did not see anything related to this in the instruction manual, so I assume it is automatic
Tpms is on each wheel individually moves with the wheel and tire. Dealer would have set the pressure back to factory settings. If you have an AT tire, you should have it rotated religiously every 5k to prevent uneven wear. Once they get out of shape they will become even louder on the road.

Someone mentioned that the factory tire can go 8-10k between rotating, so it can be done with oil changes.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I did my BS tire rotation at a local tire shop, sensors did not freakout...
I had tire sensor replaced in my F150 and for first 10 miles it was not showing any pressure in that tire, but then magically it fixed itself. Must be some kind of triangulation magic happening with RFID tags, just guessing on that one.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I had tire sensor replaced in my F150 and for first 10 miles it was not showing any pressure in that tire, but then magically it fixed itself. Must be some kind of triangulation magic happening with RFID tags, just guessing on that one.
TPMS sensors reset by having some miles driven on the vehicle.

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My two cents worth on the sensors. Just picked up my Sport form dealer completing 10000 mile service. A asked to have the tires looked at closely as I was getting low tire pressure warning on left rear. All sensors seemed to indicate low even after airing upon the tires to 33 PSI +/- . I say plus or minus because I don't trust the self service air pumps to be accurate. So after the service, before leaving the dealership I checked and the first picture shows the readings. After getting home (5 miles) the second picture shows the readings- avg 10 psi higher than what I was told the dealership aired my tire to. I'm checking them in the morning before a trip to Tampa and again once I reach my destination. So far I have no confidence at all in the system.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire rotation and pressure sensors IMG_4795.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Tire rotation and pressure sensors IMG_4796.JPG

LilbroncoS

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
My two cents worth on the sensors. Just picked up my Sport form dealer completing 10000 mile service. A asked to have the tires looked at closely as I was getting low tire pressure warning on left rear. All sensors seemed to indicate low even after airing upon the tires to 33 PSI +/- . I say plus or minus because I don't trust the self service air pumps to be accurate. So after the service, before leaving the dealership I checked and the first picture shows the readings. After getting home (5 miles) the second picture shows the readings- avg 10 psi higher than what I was told the dealership aired my tire to. I'm checking them in the morning before a trip to Tampa and again once I reach my destination. So far I have no confidence at all in the system.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire rotation and pressure sensors IMG_4795.JPG

Ford Bronco Sport Tire rotation and pressure sensors IMG_4796.JPG
Ya 43 is to much.. but y9ur 29 isto littlle. 33 is recommended cold pressure. I put mine at 37 in summer and 40 winter. Thats today after driving

Ford Bronco Sport Tire rotation and pressure sensors Screenshot_20220421-153054_FordPass

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
I'm checking them in the morning before a trip to Tampa and again once I reach my destination. So far I have no confidence at all in the system.
You should only be checking/setting pressure before driving. Tire pressures will increase as you drive and are irrelevant as long as the cold pressure is ~33 psi.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
But did they recognize their new location properly in the dash?

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
But did they recognize their new location properly in the dash?
I have not yet had experience with my BS, but in the past (2 vehicles) the mechanic used a hand held device near each tire to update tire location for the onboard computer.

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
TPMS sensors reset by having some miles driven on the vehicle.
I had no success with this on a 22 BS BL. Ended up having to use the TPMS relearn function along with a TPMS activation/reset tool.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
You can reset the TPMS sensors without a tool.

These methods kill me. I can't remember the sequence, but it was similar to this for set the new key fobs for my Escape. I think they did make me round around the car twice though! 😎

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can reset the TPMS sensors without a tool.

The ‘train left front’ is the beginning step to using the activation tool, once you do so at the front left the horn honks and the screen states ‘train front right’, so on until you’ve trained all 4 tires.
Also, have you been able to successfully start the process with this method? Didn’t work for me. I had to press the ignition 5 times, push and release the brake, then press the ignition 6 times after which the vehicle honks and the ‘training’ process begins on screen.

One other thing--with a single receiver for the TPMS how would the vehicle know the location of the sensor? This is why you have to train specific tires at a time and why the vehicle is unaware if you rotate tires.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The ‘train left front’ is the beginning step to using the activation tool, once you do so at the front left the horn honks and the screen states ‘train front right’, so on until you’ve trained all 4 tires.
If you don't have the tool you simply release air from the tire you are training. Once the sensor in that tire recognizes a reduction in pressure it will signal the car's computer, and the computer will honk the horn. You then proceed to the next tire, and so on. Of course, if you use this method (letting air out of the tire) you'll need a way to put air back in. But it can be done.

Also, have you been able to successfully start the process with this method?
Yes. I just tried it on my Badlands sitting the garage. Dog went crazy when the horn honked, so it works on my car.

Dark

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you don't have the tool you simple release air from the tire you are training. Once the sensor in that tire recognizes a reduction in pressure it will signal the car's computer, and the computer will honk the horn. You then proceed to the next tire, and so on. Of course, if you use this method (letting air out of the tire) you'll need a way to put air back in. But it can be done.

Yes. I just tried it on my Badlands sitting the garage. Dog went crazy when the horn honked, so it works on my car.
That makes sense and certainly a solution for someone not having the tool.

Perhaps I'm counting too quickly :blush:

Thanks for the clarification!
Sponsored