First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm interested in getting some more aggressive looking tires than the stock Continentals that come with the BS Big Bend.

I will be keeping the stock wheels as I like how they look. The two tires choice brands are the Wildpeak A/T Trail or the Open Country A/T III.

So I was set on getting the 235s, but the 245s have me intrigued. I'm thinking about doing 1.5" lift in the next few months.

So do I need a lift if I get the 245s or will I be okay for the time being? I'm not super concerned about my mpg dropping a little bit.

Or can I get the lift and have the 235s?

Thanks for your help!

-Zach
Sponsored

tshaw03

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands/ 2018 Edge Titanium
You can do the 245/65r17s without a lift but there have still been a handful of claims that they will rub at full lock on the 3 lower trims (I can't substantiate those claims because there haven't been any pics of the rubbing). On a BL or FE, they fit all day long because of the .75" longer lift springs. 235s will fit all day on any trim. Don't try to go up to 245/70s as those will take some minor pinch weld and plastic trimming to fit, even with a lift.

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I went with the cooper discoverer AT3 at 235/65/17 size. Absolutely love them, didn't want to risk any rubbing or suspension problems with the 245. Been off roading a bunch with them and have worked perfectly. Love the look as well. Then again, im also not looking to get a lift anytime soon so that might influence your decision.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Decisions 235s vs 245s LeBronco on the beach

Pete714

Big Bend
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm interested in getting some more aggressive looking tires than the stock Continentals that come with the BS Big Bend.

I will be keeping the stock wheels as I like how they look. The two tires choice brands are the Wildpeak A/T Trail or the Open Country A/T III.

So I was set on getting the 235s, but the 245s have me intrigued. I'm thinking about doing 1.5" lift in the next few months.

So do I need a lift if I get the 245s or will I be okay for the time being? I'm not super concerned about my mpg dropping a little bit.

Or can I get the lift and have the 235s?

Thanks for your help!

-Zach
I got some 235/65’s Toyo ATlll with no problem on my BB

Pete714

Big Bend
First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So could I still do a 1.5-2” lift with the 235s?
Yes you can, I don’t have one and I don’t have any issues at all. You can do a 1.5 and go 245’s as well

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine came with 235/17 and they look great. For what that's worth.
Ford Bronco Sport Tire Decisions 235s vs 245s PXL_20210803_185648498
I have an identical unit and had thought I would put 245 KO2's on it when it arrived. That was back in Feb, and it still hasn't arrived, but that is another story. The Wildpeak AT3's drive so good on the highway, I didn't want to take away from that, so I've left them.

To the original poster-- I'd worry about the 1.5L having enough power to handle a 245 with aggressive offroad treads. It's one thing cruising around town and another when you are at 11,000 feet on a slippery trail. I question that the 1.5L has enough power to handle altitude and steep climbs. I wouldn't go larger than 235's for that reason. Leaving for CO for a month and I might wish I had the KO2's at some point. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited:

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have an identical unit and had thought I would put 245 KO2's on it when it arrived. That was back in Feb, and it still hasn't arrived, but that is another story. The Wildpeak AT3's drive so good on the highway, I didn't want to take away from that, so I've left them.

To the original poster-- I'd worry about the 1.5L having enough power to handle a 245 with agressive offroad treads. It's one thing cruising around town and another when you are at 11,000 feet on a slippery trail. I question that the 1.5L has enough power to handle altitude and steep climbs. I wouldn't go larger than 235's for that reason. Leaving for CO for a month and I might wish I had the KO2's at some point. Decisions, decisions.
Let us know how it goes and share some pics of the adventure ???

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I got the 235 Wildpeaks on my BB installed last week (only $154/tire on Amazon!) and looooove them. Took it camping on a friend's farm this weekend (grass and dirt) and felt a bit grippier than the stock Continentals did. Only a 1 MPG dip on the highway, probably a 1.5 dip in city. However, road noise was negligible at 75+ MPH. Plus, they make it look like a more legit vehicle.

Ford Bronco Sport Tire Decisions 235s vs 245s IMG_8321.JPG

OP
OP
zjc26138

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I'm going to go with 235/65/17s.

Has anyone had the Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s tires?

Also what is the difference between the Wildpeak A/T & the Wildpeak A/T3W?

Thanks!

OP
OP
zjc26138

zjc26138

Big Bend
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.astrobin.com