Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Yuck!
Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on the new Dodge Hornet vs Bronco Sport 1660740962449

Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on the new Dodge Hornet vs Bronco Sport 1660740977675

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Looks like every other "computer mouse" / "melting jelly bean" style small SUV over the past 10 years.

Aesthetics aside, my old Jeep Compass was such a pile of **** that I've sworn off anything from whatever globo-conglomerate owns the Dodge and Jeep brands these days.

But given that the Hornet doesn't have the unique look or the off-road chops of the Sport, why even bother with it? Go with a proven hybrid Toyota or CX-whatever from Mazda.

kyle_conrad

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kyleconrad.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
A Dodge? No thanks!

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Looks like every other "computer mouse" / "melting jelly bean" style small SUV over the past 10 years.
EXACTLY! This is one of the main reasons I went for the Bronco Sport (at least visually). I was like, "YES! Finally a capable vehicle with decent mpg that DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A FRIGGIN' EGG!"

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Mustang Gt
Valid points! Any competition is welcomed. How I see it is If Ford loses sales to Dodge they will try to improve the product and make it better. Like sync 4 or even a hybrid option. More standard features. Etc

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
As far as standard swoopy CUVs go, I think it is a pretty sharp looking vehicle. Competes more with the Ford Escape and Mazda CX-5, IMHO. However, as noted elsewhere: Dodge? No thanks.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My work truck is a Dodge Ram and it seems like junk. All kinds of weird noises from the front end, things break all the time, lots of squeaks and rattles. I'd stay away from the brand just based on merit alone.

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My work truck is a Dodge Ram and it seems like junk. All kinds of weird noises from the front end, things break all the time, lots of squeaks and rattles. I'd stay away from the brand just based on merit alone.
Ford has these same issues.. Maybe slightly less often. I think dodge makes pretty good v8s. I did consider a Hellcat but opt for my coyote mustang.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Valid points! Any competition is welcomed. How I see it is If Ford loses sales to Dodge they will try to improve the product and make it better. Like sync 4 or even a hybrid option. More standard features. Etc
I too like competition. That said, I don't think the Hornet is competing with the Bronco Sport. This is aimed at the RAV4, CX-, Escape, etc. market.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
this is like comparing a fork to a spoon, they have two completely different uses
Facts. It could probably take my Badlands in the quarter mile, but no chance it can even go on forest service roads.

OP
OP
Xzavior1818

Xzavior1818

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I too like competition. That said, I don't think the Hornet is competing with the Bronco Sport. This is aimed at the RAV4, CX-, Escape, etc. market.
I believe they all compete with each other in terms of someone looking for a compact AWD suv. Something good in the winter but has road manners.. I've considered all these vehicles and I was between a rav4, cx 50 and Bronco sport but went with the Bronco because i liked the way it drove and already have a mustang to pair. Plus Its like a baby range rover lol. Now a badlands is going to be significantly different but a outerbanks or lower trim is pretty much a slightly more off road version of the escape imo.
Sponsored