Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
How do you like it? The windshield on the BS is really small, not sure If a tint strip would work for me.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Looks Transformer :'p
Personally I'd not want it as I am 5'11"
Three reasons:
I'm tall, I'd be looking right at the line,
The sunvisors work fine for me and I'm an old fart, my eyes need light.

OP
OP
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
How do you like it? The windshield on the BS is really small, not sure If a tint strip would work for me.
I agree with one of the comments that if you’re on the taller side I wouldn’t recommend it but it does help me a lot when it’s Sunny. I prefer the sun strip over flipping my sun visor down.

tombstone81

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Do you think the sun strip is ugly?

Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on sun strip? A23FC232-200D-4E1B-836E-54F2E03D1335
Looks sharp to me, but could never install one on mine. I'm 6'3" and while the Baby Bronc is super comfortable for me to drive...my biggest annoyance was the inability to see stoplights from the front row. The roofline combined with my height makes for a big blind spot that I have to duck under...so a 3-4" sun strip would just compound that even more.

OP
OP
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
I love my 5% sun strip. I also got 5% on my front windows and 15% over the rear windows and quarter panel windows. Looks badass.

Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on sun strip? DB79FAD1-4A35-462A-843A-A9A583BEF889
I don’t know what percentage they put on my sun strip but for my tints I went with 15% all around and i definitely regret not going darker. You made the right choice going 5% for the fronts. That all black look on your car is perfect! That’s what I was aiming for. My state law only allows 50% fronts.

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
I long for the ol days when just about ALL cars and trucks had the sun band, very very few cars now have them from factory. Nice thing about replacement windshields, if SafeLite does it, I believe all their glass has it standard. Anyway, I like the look of yours, perfect. (just can't interfere with the new electronics: lane keep, etc.)

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
I don’t know what percentage they put on my sun strip but for my tints I went with 15% all around and i definitely regret not going darker. You made the right choice going 5% for the fronts. That all black look on your car is perfect! That’s what I was aiming for. My state law only allows 50% fronts.
I hate seeing too dark tint on front windows to where you can't see anything as far as who is behind the wheel or what they're doing (smoking weed/drinking/texting). Good reason for cops to stop you and check you out. And if you ever want a wave-out to come out from a driveway, forget it. If I can't see you, you can just sit there in your darkroom.

ZXBRONCO

Outer Banks
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
274dfgh
Do you think the sun strip is ugly?

Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on sun strip? A23FC232-200D-4E1B-836E-54F2E03D1335
Could you show picture from the side/diagonal view of the strip? I have an app. tomorrow for my black OB - trying to decide on the sunstrip and I think your height/example is PERFECT!

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I had a narrow one put on my wife's Ecosport when I had the front door windows tinted. I'll be doing the same thing done to my OBX when I get it.
Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on sun strip? 100_6183.JPG
Sponsored