ryno8756

Big Bend
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm completely new to suspension lifts and am considering the 1.5" Rough Country lift. Almost completely for cosmetics - I think it'll look meaner and feel bigger. I want to know from anyone who has gotten it what they think.

Is it a good price?

Is 1.5" a noticeable difference? Good or bad?

How does it affect the drive quality?

I know I could find answers to the above questions elsewhere, but I want to know details on this specific lift for this specific car.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Lifted BB

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend, 2018 Ford F-150 5
I'm completely new to suspension lifts and am considering the 1.5" Rough Country lift. Almost completely for cosmetics - I think it'll look meaner and feel bigger. I want to know from anyone who has gotten it what they think.

Is it a good price?

Is 1.5" a noticeable difference? Good or bad?

How does it affect the drive quality?

I know I could find answers to the above questions elsewhere, but I want to know details on this specific lift for this specific car.

Thanks!
I am having mine put on now and should have it back tomorrow with a 1 1/2 hr drive back so should get a good feel for it. I also put on 265/60/18 tires. Total 3 1/2 " of lift.
Most of the comments you will find are old so watch the dates. Most complain about bolts coming loose, clunking noises, and broken brakes. All of those were earlier in the year and kits should have all the improved parts.

Lifted BB

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am having mine put on now and should have it back tomorrow with a 1 1/2 hr drive back so should get a good feel for it. I also put on 265/60/18 tires. Total 3 1/2 " of lift.
Most of the comments you will find are old so watch the dates. Most complain about bolts coming loose, clunking noises, and broken brakes. All of those were earlier in the year and kits should have all the improved parts.
Sorry, broken brackets

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Can't wait to hear your feedback. I've heard of alignment issues as well but RC has been around and know what they are doing. I can't see them putting out inferior products when they carry such a huge following.

Lifted BB

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't wait to hear your feedback. I've heard of alignment issues as well but RC has been around and know what they are doing. I can't see them putting out inferior products when they carry such a huge following.
I believe that most of the alignment issues are because ford hasn't sent out the specs and parameters for the alignment. My dealer had to contact Ford to get the alignment specs and took about a week to get them. So some people may have been running without an alignment or had an old school shop just do the best they could.

Milehifireguy

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend
Has anyone that had issues with the RC lift reached out to Rough Country customer service and received a reply about the early issues and any fix/tweaks to current offerings?

Lifted BB

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, It turned out great. The ride does seem a bit stiffer, but as time goes by the shocks will soften. We could lower the air pressure in the tires to soften the impacts, we put on oversized tires.
Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on Rough Country 1.5" Lift? 20210924_171335

M1Tanker

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
So, It turned out great. The ride does seem a bit stiffer, but as time goes by the shocks will soften. We could lower the air pressure in the tires to soften the impacts, we put on oversized tires.
Ford Bronco Sport Thoughts on Rough Country 1.5" Lift? 20210924_171335
What size tires?

astra020

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
What kind of tires did you go with?