jofer

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport, '23 2Dr Bronco
Ooo... Whereabouts is that? Near Mason? Or further south?

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Ooo... Whereabouts is that? Near Mason? Or further south?
Thats actually heading north toward mason from doss area.. we re just outside of mason now at a little rustic airbnb . about to try and plan out the next portion

mindleak

Outer Banks
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I love it. Is there a name for that area? Is it like a park or just something you can go to?

If you'd prefer not to share publicly, can you PM it to me? It looks like I don't live too far from there and would love to take the BS and explore. Looks like something my OB can handle. ?

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I love it. Is there a name for that area? Is it like a park or just something you can go to?

If you'd prefer not to share publicly, can you PM it to me? It looks like I don't live too far from there and would love to take the BS and explore. Looks like something my OB can handle. ?
I'm also interested. I suspect he drove part of this trail. I'm going to the Texas Off-Roadeo 10/30, but I'll be in the area on 10/29. I was considering hitting parts of the linked trail for funsies.

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport

Tburner has the right trail or route

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I'm also interested. I suspect he drove part of this trail. I'm going to the Texas Off-Roadeo 10/30, but I'll be in the area on 10/29. I was considering hitting parts of the linked trail for funsies.
This is correct ... we basically did the entire route... plus some other neat little paths we found not on the trail. Pretty good portions of it are " paved" - which is fine... super scenic lbut i can do a modified or marked map of the better portions qnd my favorite parts and trails that arent on the route ... if anyone is short on time or just looking to hit what i would consider the better parts.

mindleak

Outer Banks
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
This is correct ... we basically did the entire route... plus some other neat little paths we found not on the trail. Pretty good portions of it are " paved" - which is fine... super scenic lbut i can do a modified or marked map of the better portions qnd my favorite parts and trails that arent on the route ... if anyone is short on time or just looking to hit what i would consider the better parts.
I would honestly love and appreciate that very much if you did a map like that!

Any tips for the trail or anything I should watch out for?

Thanks so much! :D

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I would honestly love and appreciate that very much if you did a map like that!

Any tips for the trail or anything I should watch out for?

Thanks so much! :D
Not in particular... your biggest concern,depending on when you go, is gonna be water levels... all of the rivers can rise super fast in heavy rainfall but other than that its mostly a very scenic drive on ranch roads in the hills .... id definitely do it again just to see it later in fall or winter... maybe give myself some more time to fish ... camp or general wandering/exploring .. maybe hike enchnated rock or something.....

- the only other thing worth mentioning is there are a few areas youll have no service.. cell etc ... also what we did was actually go on the phone and make a folder that was a list of different drop pins in the order.. it seemed to help with the gps knowing what we were doing... hahah ill sit down and come up with a little guide / map of the route we took qnd try to include some notes

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Nice, my parents lived in Kerrville for 30 years and my grandparents in Medina for 40 years. I know this area well. Nice to see the familiar scenery. Now, 1300 miles north. I’d take the back way down from up north coming through Wichita Falls, Graham, Brownwood, Brady, Mason, Fredricksburg, ending in Kerrville.

Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
Reklussloth

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Nice, my parents lived in Kerrville for 30 years and my grandparents in Medina for 40 years. I know this area well. Nice to see the familiar scenery. Now, 1300 miles north. I’d take the back way down from up north coming through Wichita Falls, Graham, Brownwood, Brady, Mason, Fredricksburg, ending in Kerrville.

Thanks for posting.
Haha thats awesome ... my wife actually went to /lived at a childrens home in medina for several years of her youth...i believe at the time the name was medina childrens home .. now it is arms of hope i believe...

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Haha thats awesome ... my wife actually went to /lived at a childrens home in medina for several years of her youth...i believe at the time the name was medina childrens home .. now it is arms of hope i believe...
Nice. My grandparents gave to that home for many years. Their ranch was on 16 near FM 2828. They are both buried in Oak Rest Cemetery just outside Medina. Love driving the high divide between Medina and Kerrville. Went past the children’s home often!

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
ill sit down and come up with a little guide / map of the route we took qnd try to include some notes
This would be much appreciated! I won't have enough time to do the whole trail. I used Google Maps to try to get an idea of what the highlights would be but that's obviously not a very effective way of going about it. Your map and notes would be far more useful!
Sponsored