"System off to save battery" message?!?!

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Came out to my car this morning and had this sitting waiting for me. I look around all my accessories are off and nothing plugged in, anyone have this happen? Should I be worried?

Ford Bronco Sport "System off to save battery" message?!?! PXL_20210908_122620024
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
did you not turn the car off properly or leave the lights on ? I had this message when i went to the drive in movie theater and was trying to keep the radio on without the engine running. Everything would turn off after 30 minutes and I would get this message. Its setting you can control to save the battery in case you leave some accessories on for too long.

OP
OP
Benanza

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
did you not turn the car off properly or leave the lights on ? I had this message when i went to the drive in movie theater and was trying to keep the radio on without the engine running. Everything would turn off after 30 minutes and I would get this message. Its setting you can control to save the battery in case you leave some accessories on for too long.
The car was shut down 2 days prior parked in the garage went out last night to grab something and it wasn't on the display, it was there when I opened the door today thou.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Mine does this if I haven't driven it for a few days. So many electronics running even when the Sport is off. I believe this is to save the battery if you aren't using the vehicle.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Check on your Ford pass app for this message under account>message center. Here's what happened to me last week:

Started up bs with fob cause someone wanted to see it work, talked for a fews mins about it, shut it off by holding down the 2x button or lock, I forget. When I came back a few hours later I had this message on my Fordpass app. It started up without issue using the fob despite the message.

Ford Bronco Sport "System off to save battery" message?!?! Screenshot_20210908-111319_FordPass

OP
OP
Benanza

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Check on your Ford pass app for this message under account>message center. Here's what happened to me last week:

Started up bs with fob cause someone wanted to see it work, talked for a fews mins about it, shut it off by holding down the 2x button or lock, I forget. When I came back a few hours later I had this message on my Fordpass app. It started up without issue using the fob despite the message.

Ford Bronco Sport "System off to save battery" message?!?! Screenshot_20210908-111319_FordPass
Yup, thanks totally got the notification. First time I think I didn't drive for more than one day in a row. Think it needed a rest anyway, must be a deep sleep feature, what will Ford think of next

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yup, thanks totally got the notification. First time I think I didn't drive for more than one day in a row. Think it needed a rest anyway, must be a deep sleep feature, what will Ford think of next
The only thing that concerns me about the message is it was only a couple hours since the last time I started it so kinda weird that it engaged all because I turned it off from the fob. *Shrugs*

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Automatic transmissions only? Hint of something to come?

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Came out to my car this morning and had this sitting waiting for me. I look around all my accessories are off and nothing plugged in, anyone have this happen? Should I be worried?

Ford Bronco Sport "System off to save battery" message?!?! PXL_20210908_122620024
I got the message on my iPhone from Ford that they shut down my electronics because I hadn't driven my bronco for a couple of weeks due to a knee replacement sugery.
They said everything would be turned back on when I start the motor.

OP
OP
Benanza

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I got the message on my iPhone from Ford that they shut down my electronics because I hadn't driven my bronco for a couple of weeks due to a knee replacement sugery.
They said everything would be turned back on when I start the motor.
I think it was caused on mine for a separate issue. I have been noticing the headlights getting stuck on. I have changed courtesy time to 10 seconds so I can catch it before I walk away at least. Gonna have to go in if next update doesn't correct issue. I have seen a post about the headlight issue on here so I just have to pay attention and keep track of when it happens.