dbsb3233

Outer Banks
First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`21 Mustang Mach-E, `23 Bronco Sport OB
We just got our new BSOB yesterday and I'm playing around with the Sync3 screen. I have Sync4 in my Mach-E which of course does more and is bigger, but I'm struggling a little in the BS figuring out how to get back from Android Auto on the screen to Sync3? Once AA fills the screen, I can't see a logical way to go back to Sync3. I use the AA screen primarily for map/nav, and I use the Sync3 screen primarily for SiriusXM. I tend to flip between them a lot because sometimes I wanna see the map and other times I want to see Song/Artist.

So far the only way I've found to move from AA to Sync3 is to change the station. That drops the little station name bar down from the top for a few seconds and if I touch it while it's there, it switches to displaying Sync3. (And of course going the other way is obvious - just touch the AA button on the Sync3 screen).

Is there a better way switch the screen from AA to Sync3?
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
We just got our new BSOB yesterday and I'm playing around with the Sync3 screen. I have Sync4 in my Mach-E which of course does more and is bigger, but I'm struggling a little in the BS figuring out how to get back from Android Auto on the screen to Sync3? Once AA fills the screen, I can't see a logical way to go back to Sync3. I use the AA screen primarily for map/nav, and I use the Sync3 screen primarily for SiriusXM. I tend to flip between them a lot because sometimes I wanna see the map and other times I want to see Song/Artist.

So far the only way I've found to move from AA to Sync3 is to change the station. That drops the little station name bar down from the top for a few seconds and if I touch it while it's there, it switches to displaying Sync3. (And of course going the other way is obvious - just touch the AA button on the Sync3 screen).

Is there a better way switch the screen from AA to Sync3?
on AA find the button that looks like this and it will return you to Sync

Ford Bronco Sport Sync 3 1687720501481

dbsb3233

Outer Banks
First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
on AA find the button that looks like this and it will return you to Sync

Ford Bronco Sport Sync 3 1687720501481
Thanks. That helps although takes a few clicks just to get to the icons list to find it. Kinda wish they just had a small button right on the main screen, or one of the physical buttons would just act as a toggle. But better than nothing.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Thanks. That helps although takes a few clicks just to get to the icons list to find it. Kinda wish they just had a small button right on the main screen, or one of the physical buttons would just act as a toggle. But better than nothing.
You can rearrange the order of buttons on AA.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Try this and see if it works for AA (I use CarPlay)…

Bring up AA.
Launch Google maps using AA and navigate someplace.
Press the “speaker” button below the 8” Display:

Ford Bronco Sport Sync 3 1687724495833

That will take you to Settings on the 8” Display then press Audio button and tune to your favorite station

Now to temporarily get back to Google maps, press this button in the controls on the right side of steering wheel assuming your vehicle has this button:

Ford Bronco Sport Sync 3 1687724870753

That will bring up google maps (or whatever navigation app you launched in the step earlier) for a few seconds to check your navigation, then reverts back to Sync automatically. Works well for CarPlay but you may need to adjust steps abit for AA.

(edited) another way to get back to Sync from AA/CarPlay is to use the Sync voice commands assuming you have theSync voice commands option.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

Outer Banks
First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can rearrange the order of buttons on AA.
My Ford icon is already upper-left so it's as convenient as it can get on that app launcher screen. But I like running AA with full screen maps, and I can't get the Ford icon onto the bottom footer section below that so it's always there. Not sure if that's possible. Looks like AA just puts the last few used AA icons there but not the Ford icon.

To get to the app launcher screen (icon list) I have to hit the lower-left menu icon twice, then the Ford icon. Not a huge deal, but frankly that's a bit more cumbersome than just turning the TUNE knob (can click up one channel them back down to same station real quick) then touching the channel changed message that drops down from the top. That's probably about as easy as it's gonna get unless they allow the Ford button to become one of the those few buttons underneath the map screen.
Sponsored