spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I built an order for a fully loaded Badlands and took it to a dealership yesterday only to be told that Ford wouldn't accept the order with all the packages due to supply chain issues. I went to another dealer who took the same order and said they hadn't heard anything about that and didn't anticipate any problems with getting the order submitted. He felt the first dealership was backing out of their offer of giving me invoice pricing rather than Ford not taking the order. He also said that dealership was doing shady things. He said they have been asking all their employees to order Bronco Sports so they would have more on the lot to sell, so he also thought they may be blackballed from additional orders. Does that make sense?

With all that said, I still haven't received confirmation that the order was accepted, so I'm not convinced dealership #2 was right. How long does it typically take to get order confirmation from Ford?
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
He said they have been asking all their employees to order Bronco Sports so they would have more on the lot to sell
Since only 23% of BS sales last month were customer orders the factory is producing dealer stock, so that sounds about right.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But, there people who ordered when the 22 banks opened who still haven't been scheduled for production. A lot of them (and some people who ordered fairly recently) with lots of options and packages are getting emails from Ford letting them know they haven't been completely forgotten.

When did you submit your order through the dealer? I hadn't even left the lot yet when I got the confirmation from Ford. Also, did the dealer have you sign a build form, take a copy of your driver's license, and have you pay a deposit? Without those three things Ford will not verify the order and it won't get scheduled.

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
They got a copy of my license and I signed the build form yesterday around 2:00. This dealership doesn't require a deposit to place an order (my friend also ordered from them last year with no deposit and recently got their BS). I realize it's going to be a long wait, but the thing that has me concerned is the other dealership told me Ford wouldn't even accept the order with the packages. I could have ordered without any packages, but I wasn't interested in doing that.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They got a copy of my license and I signed the build form yesterday around 2:00. This dealership doesn't require a deposit to place an order (my friend also ordered from them last year with no deposit and recently got their BS). I realize it's going to be a long wait, but the thing that has me concerned is the other dealership told me Ford wouldn't even accept the order with the packages. I could have ordered without any packages, but I wasn't interested in doing that.
Best of luck to you. Contact the dealership Monday and ask the status of your COVP (customer order verification program) approval. Ford has to approve customer orders to keep skeezy dealerships from creating fake customer orders to increase their inventory. Approved customer orders are supposed to receive incremental allocation (quota for the dealership in the build line) and priority scheduling, though I have some concerns about how Ford actually executes the last bit if orders from November haven't been scheduled yet. I'm only a couple of weeks into the process and already on a warpath from what I've learned of how imbalanced the process is. Perhaps Ford is doing their level best, but incentives don't push things in that direction.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I built an order for a fully loaded Badlands and took it to a dealership yesterday only to be told that Ford wouldn't accept the order with all the packages due to supply chain issues. I went to another dealer who took the same order and said they hadn't heard anything about that and didn't anticipate any problems with getting the order submitted. He felt the first dealership was backing out of their offer of giving me invoice pricing rather than Ford not taking the order. He also said that dealership was doing shady things. He said they have been asking all their employees to order Bronco Sports so they would have more on the lot to sell, so he also thought they may be blackballed from additional orders. Does that make sense?

With all that said, I still haven't received confirmation that the order was accepted, so I'm not convinced dealership #2 was right. How long does it typically take to get order confirmation from Ford?
Confirmation comes within a day from Ford.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What packages were they saying you could not order? 360+, Premium, or Towing? All of them?

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

They were constrained even when I ordered but not restricted. There were some of the same issues when I ordered the 2 door as well but more on builds they had no chance of building in ‘21 or’22 like the modular top. Hopefully by the time my allocation number comes up in ‘24 or ‘25, constraints will be a thing of the past.

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
What packages were they saying you could not order? 360+, Premium, or Towing? All of them?
Premium, 360, and moonroof. I'm really hoping it was just that dealership being blocked from ordering due to their shady practice of padding their inventory and they just told me they couldn't place an order with those packages to save face

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium, 360, and moonroof. I'm really hoping it was just that dealership being blocked from ordering due to their shady practice of padding their inventory and they just told me they couldn't place an order with those packages to save face
The most commonly noted chokepoints are premium and the tow package. If I just look at what dealers have on lots and in production for my area I don't really see a lot of constraints. Ford is producing all of it, just not for customer orders, as they advertise. But, the end buyers are not Ford's customers. Ford sells the cars to dealerships who resell the vehicles to us. The best we can really hope for is to have a dealer who will go to bat for our orders, but even then they are in a very power imbalanced situation with Ford, so squeaky wheels may get something other than grease.

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
[Don't say you're ordering from a Dayton area dealer. Uggh.]

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
[Don't say you're ordering from a Dayton area dealer. Uggh.]
I ordered from Interstate Ford. The first dealership who apparently lied to me was Germain Ford. Who did you have a problem with?

OP
OP
spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm

Badlands
First Name
Scarlett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I just got confirmation of my order!!!

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BS; '18 GC Trailhawk V8 ; ‘22 Explr ST ordered
I ordered from Interstate Ford. The first dealership who apparently lied to me was Germain Ford. Who did you have a problem with?
I just wouldn't deal with Dayton area car dealers (my opinion). Subaru in Centerville is a waste of my brain cells (they wanted a huge "finders fee" and King's in Cincy found our car in 30 minutes). White-Allen Honda are just ignoramouses, Castrucci I call Castrati, and Ford... well...

I always bought and had my services done in Cincy.

I wouldn't trust buying a goldfish from a pet store in Dayton.

I can't even get Dayton people to even work on my 90+-year-old house, and, when I do, they do CRAPPY work (yeah, and it's in Oakwood)! I get contractors from Columbus and Cincy.
Sponsored