Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I have had little problem with the hood glare because I put hood graphics on a week or two after getting the car. But, I have more frequent issues with something else; who has been hit by this eye laser?
Ford Bronco Sport Sun glare off Outerbanks hood 404526urc

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I have had little problem with the hood glare because I put hood graphics on a week or two after getting the car. But, I have more frequent issues with something else; who has been hit by this eye laser?
404526urc.jpg
The only thing that gets me with that steering wheel is apparently I'm hitting buttons as I'm turning. It's usually the ones on the outer edge.

I have to see what I'm doing wrong and fix it.

MTBiker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Wildtrak from Colombia
Not sure of any good solution but when driving into late day sun I get a real bad glare off the hood (the ridge on passenger side of hood). I like the looks of the hood but that gate can be pretty blinding for a period of time. Just an annoyance and wondered if others had this issue.
Quick fix, polarized sunglasses do the job. Also, and not because of glare, I had safety/tint ceramic film installed on my windshield. 70% VLT (Visible Light Transmission) and now that you mention it I have not had any issues with glare. looked at the films specs and it is polarized.
Check out:
https://www.glassnmirrors.com/are-car-windshields-polarized/
https://www.tinting-laws.com/michigan/

Last edited:

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Quick fix, polarized sunglasses do the job. Also, and not because of glare, I had safety/tint ceramic film installed on my windshield. 70% VLT (Visible Light Transmission) and now that you mention it I have not had any issues with glare. looked at the films specs and it is polarized.
Check out:
https://www.glassnmirrors.com/are-car-windshields-polarized/
https://www.tinting-laws.com/michigan/
How would the glass tint affect the safety glass on the front in the event of an accident.

With all this talk about it, I’m tempted to maybe get a coating. Mostly for UV, not to darken. I don’t think the freedom loving state of Texas would allow that, either way.

Celtec

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Was the hood scoop functional, besides eliminating the glare? ?
I'm asking because of the Fuel injector recall. When I open the hood on my BS, it amazes me how hot the engine compartment is. I keep wondering if the injector failures might be heat related.
Oh - and do you have a part number/manufacturer for that scoop?
I'm asking because of the Fuel injector recall. When I open the hood on my BS, it amazes me how hot the engine compartment is. I keep wondering if the injector failures might be heat related.
I was wondering the same thing. I have a white one and the glare that reflects off the hood is like gazing into the sun. I feel like I’m driving through worm hole with shields at 60% . Hoping the hood scoop helps, although most of the glare for me is coming off the raised part of the hood and not the center. Scoop looks very nice and I will be putting one on. 👍

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
The glare off the hood hasn't bothered me at all because my glasses transition to sun glasses in the bright sun. . I got the hood done because I like the looks of it.
Ford Bronco Sport Sun glare off Outerbanks hood 100_6798.JPG

Celtec

Outer Banks
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Got the side molding six months ago.so far, so good,
I have been on this forum for over two years and yours is the first with the Areoskin II and the scoop. Many have commented and theorized if it would look good. The answer is no it does not look good … it looks fucking awesome!
[/QUOTE

just got mine installed as well and really like it. And it does make a big difference with the glare.
Ford Bronco Sport Sun glare off Outerbanks hood IMG_0742

Ford Bronco Sport Sun glare off Outerbanks hood IMG_0743

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Cosmetic only, does not function as a "scoop"; does not funnel air into the engine area. I suppose you could cut a hole in the hood, then open the front of the scoop, but I'd not want to cut holes into body panels.