fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
There is a used BS OB Area 51 at this dealer , couldn't see a price on it . The Area 51 Bronco in the show room was $ 60 K , the wife sat in it & liked it , but it wasn't for sale & when it does go on sale the already have a list .

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the saga continues , the dealer doesn't have a special tool to remove the Bushing from the Control arm , they are ordering a complete control arm with the Bushings .

It must be some kind of Puller to press the Bushing off & on ,they show it on their manual & a note it is needed to do the job , they don't have the tooling & since our BS is the first to need this replacement ,Ford has not supplied this tooling or tool to just replace the Bushing .

Whats strange is, they say they will have the complete Control arm by Monday,

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
the saga continues , the dealer doesn't have a special tool to remove the Bushing from the Control arm , they are ordering a complete control arm with the Bushings .
Bet I could get it out, though you might not be able to use the control arm afterwards...

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bet I could get it out, though you might not be able to use the control arm afterwards...
That was probably their reasoning also . I've seen all kinds of ways a Bushing can be attached , so the proper tools may be needed . I just got another Text saying it will be longer then anticipated , they are conversing with Ford or something . Maybe Ford wants them to buy the Tool & not order a Control Arm , which may be back ordered , who knows ?

As lang as its fixed correctly , I don't care . I trust this Dealer . Do what's right .

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took the BS in today to have the Control Arm Replaced , with all new Bushings installed & new hardware . I had them shuttle me home & I think they were done by 1400 hrs., I also made it clear that I wanted the alignment checked & they did , gave me a print out showing after install , it was out of Spec & it looks like they made adjustments & its near perfect .

Driving home on the highway trying keep up with the wife in the BS , she was going in & out of traffic , I had to laugh ,because It must have been running good , & she was testing it . She said it tracks & rolls like new , which it is in a way , but she said at 80 mph , she could let go of the Steering Wheel , something she said, couldn't do before , good job to Bozard Ford , St Augustine , fl. & Ford Motor Co. , the wife is happy , I'm happy . LOL

TSBates

Banned
First Edition
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport First Edition
Anyone seen staining like this near gas pedal??? Other pic I took is of linkages, etc. right above the stain...

Attachments

OP
OP
fourthgear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On that Gray Boot for the Brake Peddle Master cylinder Piston Rod looks like it has oil drip on it where the shaft comes through , can't get it blown up enough to see for sure . I say this because brake fluid can leak from that shaft seal on the master cylinder , just a guess .
Sponsored