dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
22 Badlands - 16K. My steering has suddenly become tight/heavy (especially on the highway). Any ideas what the cause could be? Alignment, tires? It is very odd. The vehicle used to have super light steering. Just looking to see if anybody else has this, or would have any idea of the cause. BTW. Tires are factory Falken Wildpeak.
Sponsored

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
The BS has Electric Power Assisted Steering (EPAS). The Badlands has more steering tunes for all the drive modes. Have you tried different drive modes? Anything illuminating on the dash? I say disconnect the battery next for a while In an attempt to reset the power steering module.

My brother experienced this on his BS BB on a road trip last year and then after a few power cycles it went away And hasn’t returned.
I have not experienced this on my Badlands So far. If it continues, I‘d have a dealer reset the steering module.

OP
OP

dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Tire Pressure is at 34lbs all around. I have not tried different drive modes. Nothing illuminating on the dash. I will try different modes and see if that does it. I have to go in for service soon, so if it doesn't go away, I will have them check it out. Honestly it drives more like a sports car now.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
22 Badlands - 16K. My steering has suddenly become tight/heavy (especially on the highway). Any ideas what the cause could be? Alignment, tires? It is very odd. The vehicle used to have super light steering. Just looking to see if anybody else has this, or would have any idea of the cause. BTW. Tires are factory Falken Wildpeak.
Do you have Co-Pilot 360+?
When Lane Centering is engaged, the steering feels tight, especially at higher speeds.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport