ragone25

Big Bend
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I was wondering if anyone tried to install the steeda strut tower bar with a spacer lift also installed. I got my bronco sport lifted using the FordRangerLifts 2 1/4” lift and the 2 bolts that hold the strut to the frame are coming through the bottom instead of top down. The steeda bar requires the bolt to be put in from the top with a nut on the bottom but that wont work with these spacers. Was thinking about using a coupling nut to hold the strut to the frame and then find a short bolt to mount the bar to the coupling nut.
Sponsored

CyberSparky

Outer Banks
First Name
Delone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, 1995 Ford Bronco, 1981 Ford Bro
Yes, I have it installed. Once you've added the lift an bigger tires it really helps on the highway at higher speeds or if the road has alot of wear that causes the tires to pull one way or the other. Worth all 110$ I paid for it. I didn't think it would help much cause the strut towers already tie back into the firewall, but it did. I have a different lift though. Can you use a rod coupler and a washer on your stud and then put the bolt down into the coupler?

Ford Bronco Sport Steeda strut tower bar with lift kit IMG_0575

OP
OP

ragone25

Big Bend
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
Yes, I have it installed. Once you've added the lift an bigger tires it really helps on the highway at higher speeds or if the road has alot of wear that causes the tires to pull one way or the other. Worth all 110$ I paid for it. I didn't think it would help much cause the strut towers already tie back into the firewall, but it did. I have a different lift though. Can you use a rod coupler and a washer on your stud and then put the bolt down into the coupler?

Thats what i was thinking about doing. Just dont know what size coupler i would need. Ive found a couple but they seem long and looks like it might interfere with the hood closing.

CyberSparky

Outer Banks
First Name
Delone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll measure the inside diameter to see what size coupler will work, do you know what the thread pitch is on the bolts that come through are? I’ll try and find the correct coupler you’ll need but I believe you’ll need to drill out the internal “washer” that’s welded inside and use a bolt and washer pulling from the top at that point due to distance it sits off of the strut tower.
Thats what i was thinking about doing. Just dont know what size coupler i would need. Ive found a couple but they seem long and looks like it might interfere with the hood closing.

OP
OP

ragone25

Big Bend
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I’ll measure the inside diameter to see what size coupler will work, do you know what the thread pitch is on the bolts that come through are? I’ll try and find the correct coupler you’ll need but I believe you’ll need to drill out the internal “washer” that’s welded inside and use a bolt and washer pulling from the top at that point due to distance it sits off of the strut tower.
So the bolts are M8 with a 1.00 pitch. The only couplers I've been able to find are M8x1.25. Ill see if I can remove the inner bolts holding the spacers on for the lift to see if I can replace them with a M8x1.25 bolt. i'm pretty sure they are carriage bolts so I should be able to find replacements with the correct threads. The only coupling nuts that would fit are from china so I don't know how much I'd trust those.

OP
OP

ragone25

Big Bend
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
So the bolts are M8 with a 1.00 pitch. The only couplers I've been able to find are M8x1.25. Ill see if I can remove the inner bolts holding the spacers on for the lift to see if I can replace them with a M8x1.25 bolt. i'm pretty sure they are carriage bolts so I should be able to find replacements with the correct threads. The only coupling nuts that would fit are from china so I don't know how much I'd trust those.
Update: the bolts on the spacers are welded on so coupler nut is the only solution if i can find the correct size

CyberSparky

Outer Banks
First Name
Delone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: the bolts on the spacers are welded on so coupler nut is the only solution if i can find the correct size
Ok, I’ll measure the depth and width of the opening with a caliper when I get home from work and update this post with the measurements.

OP
OP

ragone25

Big Bend
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport

How did you remove the two connections that have to be rerouted to not interfere with the strut bar? I cant find a clip or anything holding them on and I dont want to just yank them out

CyberSparky

Outer Banks
First Name
Delone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t have to re-route anything to install mine. I literally removed those 2 bolts, set it down and put the bolts back on. Add an image of what you’re referencing and I’ll have a look at mine.

Sorry I didn’t give the measurements, I had to go out of town for work and forgot about this till now when I received the email notification.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
When I installed the strut tower bar on my '23 OBX (no lift), I had to put one line over the bar rather than bending it.
Ford Bronco Sport Steeda strut tower bar with lift kit 100_6575.JPG

OP
OP

ragone25

Big Bend
First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
When I installed the strut tower bar on my '23 OBX (no lift), I had to put one line over the bar rather than bending it.
Thanks I finally got it installed. Just got the coupling nuts today and still took a little work to get it to fit. Had to use a step bit on both side to widen it out so it would slide on.
Ford Bronco Sport Steeda strut tower bar with lift kit IMG_4245
Ford Bronco Sport Steeda strut tower bar with lift kit IMG_4245
Ford Bronco Sport Steeda strut tower bar with lift kit IMG_4246

Colonel Angus

Big Bend
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport, 2018 Ford F150 XLT
Same here.

Ford Bronco Sport Steeda strut tower bar with lift kit IMG_2090 2

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport, '20 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
Just purchased the Steeda Strut Tower Bar today, w/a Lift Kit on the horizon.
Sponsored