Start-Up Animation Issue

rrome

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Hey y'all, got my new Bronco Sport last week (Area 51 Outer Banks). I'm loving it so far! One of my favorite features is the on-screen animation with the rocks and Bronco but I've noticed that each time it starts up, it gets choppy/glitchy at the same point before finishing smoothly. I know this is a very minor issue in the grand scheme of things but I was just wondering if there's any way it could be fixed. Or, is this a common issue that I just need to accept and move on? Thanks!
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
Hey y'all, got my new Bronco Sport last week (Area 51 Outer Banks). I'm loving it so far! One of my favorite features is the on-screen animation with the rocks and Bronco but I've noticed that each time it starts up, it gets choppy/glitchy at the same point before finishing smoothly. I know this is a very minor issue in the grand scheme of things but I was just wondering if there's any way it could be fixed. Or, is this a common issue that I just need to accept and move on? Thanks!
I noticed that in the 2 demo units I drove, you'd think that would be an easy fix. They should fix that for sure or give you the option to turn it off.

Get annoying in time for sure.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Video buffering, they all do that.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
They should’ve put another stick of ram in that dash!

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Video buffering, they all do that.
I have experience in this area- embedded control systems and human machine interfaces.

This should be localized processing, not streaming over the CAN-Bus.

I suspect when this was in the development environment, it presented smoothly.

If choppy/glitchy now, it was either never properly tested in the production environment or this can be a result of some hardware substitution in the production units (chip shortage?). Nevertheless, it is a design flaw, and the animation shouldn't be there if the hardware cannot support it properly.

Say what you will, but this is a flaw.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine doesn't do that. It's smooth for the time it's on.

Edited to add. I set it up to connect with my home WiFi the first day I got it and using an app on my phone, I saw where the Bronco connected for a half hour or so, then disconnected. Maybe I got a software update in that time.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Mine doesn't do that. It's smooth for the time it's on.

Edited to add. I set it up to connect with my home WiFi the first day I got it and using an app on my phone, I saw where the Bronco connected for a half hour or so, then disconnected. Maybe I got a software update in that time.
Hopefully, that's the case. It presents a bit like a race condition.

Definition:
Race Condition (Software) Race condition in software is an undesirable event that can happen when multiple entities access or modify shared resources in a system. The system behaves correctly when these entities use the shared resources as expected.

Race conditions have to do with attempts by a system or individual device to engage in multitasking. Generally, a race condition exists when the system is attempting to process two or more different operations simultaneously, but is unable to do so.

Last edited:

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Mine says it’s s up to date and still does it.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hopefully, that's the case. It presents a bit like a race condition.

Definition:
Race Condition (Software) Race condition in software is an undesirable event that can happen when multiple entities access or modify shared resources in a system. The system behaves correctly when these entities use the shared resources as expected.

Race conditions have to do with attempts by a system or individual device to engage in multitasking. Generally, a race condition exists when the system is attempting to process two or more different operations simultaneously, but is unable to do so.
I'm a retired Electronic Engineer/Programmer so I'm very familiar with Race conditions. First saw them when we were working in Digital Sequential way back when.

Watched the screens again today when I went to the store, and no, it's absolutely smooth.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I'm a retired Electronic Engineer/Programmer so I'm very familiar with Race conditions. First saw them when we were working in Digital Sequential way back when.

Watched the screens again today when I went to the store, and no, it's absolutely smooth.
Interesting that yours is good and others not, assuming hardware/software is consistent.

jwhamlin244

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Badlands
Happens 95% of the time on my new badlands as well. Obviously not a big deal, but its not like any of this is custom... you'd think they would have tested their startup animations on a production vehicle during startup..
Hopefully an OTA coming in the future.
Sponsored