Spare tire Jack accessories missing?

AV99GT

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
Our Outer Banks is missing the accessories for the tire jack. There is the scissor jack, but not tools to turn it. Usually they give you the tire iron, and a piece to turn the screw on the scissor jack.

Did other get these items?

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sport Spare tire Jack accessories missing? 20210211_143028

Ford Bronco Sport Spare tire Jack accessories missing? 20210211_142938
Sponsored

realworld51

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Our Outer Banks is missing the accessories for the tire jack. There is the scissor jack, but not tools to turn it. Usually they give you the tire iron, and a piece to turn the screw on the scissor jack.

Did other get these items?

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Sport Spare tire Jack accessories missing? 20210211_143028

Ford Bronco Sport Spare tire Jack accessories missing? 20210211_142938
My ‘tools’ are there, hiding in plain sight on my OB. Loosen the secondary wing nut holding down the jack and you’ll see them attached to the jack.

And thanks for making me look. I had to put on leather gloves to get the grip necessary to remove the plastic super wing nut securing the tire.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I have already used mine , everything you need is there , but might take a little time figuring how to put it all back together .

Why I had to use my jack already , well my floor jack decided to take a dump last month & while I was looking over the engine compartment, (just got back from a 2 1/2 hr. drive from pocking the BS up, dark thirty ), I couldn't see a level in. the Brake reservoir, so decided to take the cap off & it slipped out of my hand & disappeared , couldn't see it even with a flash light , the next morning , I still couldn't see it , had to jack the truck up & remove the cover for the bottom of the engine compartment , a lot of screws & two plastic pop up clips , there it was laying on the frame rail .

Kinda glad there wasn't a Skid Plate there , but want them.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I couldn't see a level in. the Brake reservoir, so decided to take the cap off & it slipped out of my hand & disappeared , couldn't see it even with a flash light , the next morning , I still couldn't see it , had to jack the truck up & remove the cover for the bottom of the engine compartment , a lot of screws & two plastic pop up clips , there it was laying on the frame rail .
That's a bummer, especially in humid Florida. As brake fluid is hygroscopic, it is usually recommended to only add from an unopened container, it absorbs moisture quickly.
Hopefully, in your case, it was negligible.

OP
OP

AV99GT

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
Well Thanks! Glad I asked before bothering the dealer! I guess I am used to the extra jack bits being in the little pockets of the foam insert under the cover. I didn't realize that the handle is right there in the middle of the Jack. I ASSumed it was part of the jack mechanism lol. Tuff getting old.

OP
OP

AV99GT

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS
I noticed in the owners manual in the Scheduled Maintained it says to replace the Brake fluid every 3 years. I have never seen that called out for replacement in an owners manual ever. My 2016 Ford owners manual doesn't specify that schedule.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I noticed in the owners manual in the Scheduled Maintained it says to replace the Brake fluid every 3 years. I have never seen that called out for replacement in an owners manual ever. My 2016 Ford owners manual doesn't specify that schedule.
When I was Into crotch rocket sport bikes we did that every 2nd year. Three or four years out your brake fluid can begin to gel up and make for a slightly mushy pedal. Most never notice it.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
When I was Into crotch rocket sport bikes we did that every 2nd year. Three or four years out your brake fluid can begin to gel up and make for a slightly mushy pedal. Most never notice it.
Right, I was into performance bikes too and did likewise. You can purchase dyed brake fluids to help determine when you have purged the old fluid through the bleeder.

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
Curiously I decided to look for the tool to remove the wheel if that happens one day, I didn't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Curiously I decided to look for the tool to remove the wheel if that happens one day, I didn't find it. Does anyone know where it is?
You mean the lug wrench? If you look at the side of the scissor jack you will see a wing nut, the tool to remove the lugs and crank the jack is folded in there
Ford Bronco Sport Spare tire Jack accessories missing? 20210211_143028~2

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The Bronco uses some kind of new tech all-in-one brake controller system. So instead of a reservoir and cylinder and ABS module and so on, it's all one big part. I imagine that there is likely a considerable cost associated with not giving it the scheduled fluid change since you can't just get a $29.99 component of the system.

Raff Catalan

First Name
Raff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Wildtrak
You mean the lug wrench? If you look at the side of the scissor jack you will see a wing nut, the tool to remove the lugs and crank the jack is folded in there
Ford Bronco Sport Spare tire Jack accessories missing? 20210211_143028~2
i talk about tool to remove wheel bolts, this are here too?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
OMG!!! I can't believe when see it kkk, TKS @13MikeH... and, i see too that you put security whell bolt (yes?), you believe in it?
No problem, glad to help. The locking lug nuts, anymore, you can't trust anyone. The dealer added them, so I just kept them on. It's a mild sense of security. $40 extra, wasn't a big deal for me. All my previous cars cake with them already installed. I guess it depends on how often cars or tires are stolen where you live. Brazil isn't too bad is it? And your English is pretty good.
Sponsored

Last edited: