sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I saw it in the Mission Valley area heading towards the 8 freeway on-ramp. You picked a great color!
That was me lol. I had a busy day around SD. Thanks! I’m really happy with it.
Sponsored

jhed660

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I saw it in the Mission Valley area heading towards the 8 freeway on-ramp. You picked a great color!
Thanks! I live in the Linda Vista area, so could have been me as well. Mine has the carbon gray roof. It was a little difficult choosing a color from only online pictures, but I am happy with Area 51. It seems to be a popular choice also.

As a side note, I ordered the Funtreks guide to California, and I hope to start checking out some of the easy and intermediate trails in the SoCal area from that book in the somewhat near future. I will make some posts when I do.

More close to home, I am thinking of exploring some of these forest roads as they open up. Palomar Divide looks fairly easy and like it must have great views while I was up there last weekend, but all access gates are closed until it dries out a bit.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cleveland/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprdb5340229

OP
OP
sdchrisp

sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks! I live in the Linda Vista area, so could have been me as well. Mine has the carbon gray roof. It was a little difficult choosing a color from only online pictures, but I am happy with Area 51. It seems to be a popular choice also.

As a side note, I ordered the Funtreks guide to California, and I hope to start checking out some of the easy and intermediate trails in the SoCal area from that book in the somewhat near future. I will make some posts when I do.

More close to home, I am thinking of exploring some of these forest roads as they open up. Palomar Divide looks fairly easy and like it must have great views while I was up there last weekend, but all access gates are closed until it dries out a bit.
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detailfull/cleveland/alerts-notices/?cid=stelprdb5340229
The Bronco Sport can handle wet trails too. I found out last weekend in Cajon Pass ?

Debbiew

Badlands
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The Bronco Sport can handle wet trails too. I found out last weekend in Cajon Pass ?
The mud puddles (ponds) on Holcomb Valley Rd are great too. They are drying up fast though.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Palm Springs area here. Ended up with somebody’s pre-order that they backed out of. Went to sales when FORD wanted $850 to fix my 15 explorer, I figured why not throw a little more money down and have a fun toy to show. I have been wanting the Bronco but decided the Bronco Sport will do for now. I have had it for 3 weeks now.

OP
OP
sdchrisp

sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Palm Springs area here. Ended up with somebody’s pre-order that they backed out of. Went to sales when FORD wanted $850 to fix my 15 explorer, I figured why not throw a little more money down and have a fun toy to show. I have been wanting the Bronco but decided the Bronco Sport will do for now. I have had it for 3 weeks now.
Welcome!! You’ll love your bronco sport, especially if you add mods to it. ?

Mwray8909

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport, 2018 toyota Tundra offroad
Howdy folks. I'm not technically the drive but, my sister in law just bought big bend in area 51. We are in ventura county. I'll be the one handling the upgrades and coaxing her to take it to the dirt.

OP
OP
sdchrisp

sdchrisp

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Howdy folks. I'm not technically the drive but, my sister in law just bought big bend in area 51. We are in ventura county. I'll be the one handling the upgrades and coaxing her to take it to the dirt.
Welcome!!

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
FYI forest roads open up tomorrow.
what do you mean they’re opening? were they ever closed? honest question as my understanding of marked forest roads around where i live in socal are the ones that i’ve been trailing on, which are open.

is there another forest road system that was closed?

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
what do you mean they’re opening? were they ever closed? honest question as my understanding of marked forest roads around where i live in socal are the ones that i’ve been trailing on, which are open.

is there another forest road system that was closed?
A lot of the National Forest roads have seasonal closures, not all do. The ones that were closed for the winter should now all be open. The ones that have seasonal closures usually have a sign at the entrance that says they're subject to seasonal closers but won't say if they're open or closed you have to check the website.

Typically the roads that get a lot of rain or snow will close during winter time.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
also for those familiar with anza borrego. not sure if this section has a name but in my badlands i went down a very steep drop off along the borrego mountain wash somewhere near the slot canyon trail. probably one of the coolest things i’ve done in the BS. kind of funny because it was unexpected as the drop off wasn’t marked on the map. btw
A lot of the National Forest roads have seasonal closures, not all do. The ones that were closed for the winter should now all be open. The ones that have seasonal closures usually have a sign at the entrance that says they're subject to seasonal closers but won't say if they're open or closed you have to check the website.

Typically the roads that get a lot of rain or snow will close during winter time.
ah i see. i actually do remember seeing some forest roads closures during a winter couple years ago. feels good to know they’re opening back up again

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi

Palomar divide road is very easy and an epic trail with great scenery.

anza borrego has some great spots and so does the trail off the 8 and spring valley road.
Sponsored