So is ordering a 22 badlands the best way to go now?

Ernie

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Badlands in near future
I’m ready to pull the trigger but just realized all the badlands issues. From building them and getting them into dealers. Also now markups and what not. I had saved up for a off road capable family vehicle. I sure wish I was ready during the peak of the pandemic. That was the best time to buy. I’m starting to lean towards paying a bit more and taking a 4Runner. At least ther is more options out there on 4runners.
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford stopped accepting badlands orders April 15 for model year 2021. All orders prior to April 15 Ford will be trying to build deliver those through the summer. So badlands are being built delivered but they are scarce and hard to find. Most are sold long before being delivered to dealer. If you want a low option badlands you can prob find a dealer that has one on order. But if you want high option that much tougher. If you are picky about color and have to have all options ordering a '22 prob best bet but long wait.

Then there are customer ordered badlands where customer decides they dont want after delivered. Dealers usually have long lines of people waiting to pounce on those. Those stories are out there and some ppl got lucky right place at the right time.

Beav1

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS, 2018 F150, 2014 Focus, 2013 Escape
If thinking about a *family* off road vehicle I'd probably go little bigger than the BS.

4runner would be a nice family off road rig or keep saving and hold out for a 2022 big Bronco:like:. By the time they start making the 2022 BS BL and making the 2022 Bronco it might end up being about the same in terms getting one.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If thinking about a *family* off road vehicle I'd probably go little bigger than the BS.

4runner would be a nice family off road rig or keep saving and hold out for a 2022 big Bronco:like:. By the time they start making the 2022 BS BL and making the 2022 Bronco it might end up being about the same in terms getting one.
I don't know how big your family is but back seat of Bronco Sport is small. All my kids are grown up pretty much on their own so small back seat not a concern for us. If you consider a BS best to go to a dealer and check out interior space make sure it will work for you.

Jumbo1953

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I’m ready to pull the trigger but just realized all the badlands issues. From building them and getting them into dealers. Also now markups and what not. I had saved up for a off road capable family vehicle. I sure wish I was ready during the peak of the pandemic. That was the best time to buy. I’m starting to lean towards paying a bit more and taking a 4Runner. At least ther is more options out there on 4runners.
Get the 4Runner or your BS purchase from a large dealer. I ordered my BL+BL on 2/22 and my build date is 8/9 if then. People that ordered 4-6 weeks after me are getting theirs before me. I’m told that the reason is because my dealer isn’t a high enough volume dealer. Who knows, maybe you will get your 2022 before I get my 2021.

HungLo

Outer Banks
First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
How big is your family? Like someone just mentioned, you should check the back seats of the BS before buying. They are kinda small, but are fine with me, in my seating position. I kinda wish I waited before getting my BS Outer Banks, because I want to see how the Ford Maverick pans out. I speced out a XLT 2.0L Maverick with the Off-road package, towing package and other goodies and it was only $31k, basically a BS Badlands truck, minus a few GOAT modes for 10k less.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
How big is your family? Like someone just mentioned, you should check the back seats of the BS before buying. They are kinda small, but are fine with me, in my seating position. I kinda wish I waited before getting my BS Outer Banks, because I want to see how the Ford Maverick pans out. I speced out a XLT 2.0L Maverick with the Off-road package, towing package and other goodies and it was only $31k, basically a BS Badlands truck, minus a few GOAT modes for 10k less.
I haven't seen a maverick, but I test drove a ranger the same day I tested a big bend. The ranger felt very cheap and narrow compared to the bronco sport. Maybe my mind was set on the sport, but I've had a couple rangers in the past...I doubt the Maverick is better/bigger.

Dan

Outer Banks
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport (on the way!)
I haven't seen a maverick, but I test drove a ranger the same day I tested a big bend. The ranger felt very cheap and narrow compared to the bronco sport. Maybe my mind was set on the sport, but I've had a couple rangers in the past...I doubt the Maverick is better/bigger.
Maverick is close in size to the old generation of the Ranger

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
Not sure what model or Ranger you drove but I drove a Ranger this weekend and the Ranger crushed the sport in every way possible except styling. The interior was higher quality albeit an older design, the ride was much smoother, better weighted steering with a much better feeling steering wheel. The seats were for far better as was the visibility out front.

off road the Ranger crushes the bronco sport. Low range+lockers+terrain modes make for an ultra capable aussie designed truck.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
the sport is not an off road capable family vehicle. It is very small. You can’t fit 4 people and all your camping gear in a bronco sport. I tried. Even with a Yakima box it didn’t work. You really can only take a real camping trip with 2-3 people max in the sport.

that said I would pass on the 4Runner. It’s just too archaic and gets horrible mileage. It has reliability though.

I’d go for a grand Cherokee trail hawk or a lightly optioned defender both of which are far more modern vehicles.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Not sure what model or Ranger you drove but I drove a Ranger this weekend and the Ranger crushed the sport in every way possible except styling. The interior was higher quality albeit an older design, the ride was much smoother, better weighted steering with a much better feeling steering wheel. The seats were for far better as was the visibility out front.

off road the Ranger crushes the bronco sport. Low range+lockers+terrain modes make for an ultra capable aussie designed truck.
honestly couldn't tell you, I knew the moment I got in it, the ranger was hot garbage. The interior was cheap, it was tight, and I consider myself normal sized. It wasn't even close. Everyone has an opinion, for my money, the Sport is a no brainer, and the wife has a Jeep, sister has a wrangler...you can have em.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Various Ford vehicles over the last year share so many parts, I question some of your assessment. This last weekend I helped install an overhead console in a Ranger and I daresay the color and design are a 100% match to my overhead console minus the sunroof buttons. I don't have any front visibility issues with the Bronco unless someone uses a visor, but the side and rear visibility is rather limited with all the pillars and the small windows.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The 4Runner is in a completely different category compared to the Bronco Sport.
If you are interested in the Badlands, they can be found.
Pricing is hit or miss in regards to dealer markup, that is unfortunately true for any popular vehicle.
If you were looking at the Escape for example they are much easier to deal on.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Various Ford vehicles over the last year share so many parts, I question some of your assessment. This last weekend I helped install an overhead console in a Ranger and I daresay the color and design are a 100% match to my overhead console minus the sunroof buttons. I don't have any front visibility issues with the Bronco unless someone uses a visor, but the side and rear visibility is rather limited with all the pillars and the small windows.
For whatever reason there are a handful of salties on a bronco forum out to prove to bronco owners that it's a junk ride compared to vehicle "X"...great...it's not for everyone and that's fine....take the salt lick to another forum. I don't mind complaints but saying vehicle X trashes a bronco in every way...why are you even here wasting your time other than to stir the pot. Go hang out at CNN they love that kind of stuff. That's the best I can figure glamerding.
Sponsored