So is ordering a 22 badlands the best way to go now?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
the sport is not an off road capable family vehicle. It is very small. You can’t fit 4 people and all your camping gear in a bronco sport. I tried. Even with a Yakima box it didn’t work. You really can only take a real camping trip with 2-3 people max in the sport.

that said I would pass on the 4Runner. It’s just too archaic and gets horrible mileage. It has reliability though.

I’d go for a grand Cherokee trail hawk or a lightly optioned defender both of which are far more modern vehicles.
First off...what???
Bronco sport cargo capacity: 65.2cu/ft (32.5 with seats up)
Cheep grand chickapee cargo capacity: 68.3 cu/ft (36ft with seats up)
Wow.../s
More modern
2021 ALL NEW FIRST YEAR bronco sport.
Cheap grand SUVforsheep 1993-present...with mods every fiat, stelantis, Chrysler,dodge, whatever flavor of the month buyout...take your nonsense to a jeeps forum.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
We picked up our Badlands the first week of May. I’ve been trying to round up a second one and it’s near impossible finding one loaded with the Badlands package and extras. For a Badlands with just the cloth seats, they’re out there and not too difficult. Most dealerships are charging a premium at this point, regardless of what you’re buying. There’s just not a lot of inventory out there and SUVs and especially pickup trucks are scarce everywhere. If you find a dealership with decent inventory of F-150s and other stuff, they’ve most likey been holding prices high and just waiting for the desperate to start buying. I know a couple dealerships like that. There’s a First Edition Bronco Sport, so fully loaded with everything, located about 20 miles from me. It’s been sitting on the lot for about 2 months. Huge mark-up, none has bought it yet. I’m betting they will sell it here in the next week or two as FEs and BLs are exceptionally scarce.

Like I said, we’re looking for another, but timing isn’t critical. I’ll just place an order for a 2022 configured the way I want. And yes it will probably be a 4 to 6 month wait. I waited 5 months to get the one I have now. Ordered early December, picked up in May.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Ford is gonna get hit with tidal wave of Badlands orders when '22 ordering opens up. Hopefully supply chain issues can get worked out...

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
First off...what???
Bronco sport cargo capacity: 65.2cu/ft (32.5 with seats up)
Cheep grand chickapee cargo capacity: 68.3 cu/ft (36ft with seats up)
Wow.../s
More modern
2021 ALL NEW FIRST YEAR bronco sport.
Cheap grand SUVforsheep 1993-present...with mods every fiat, stelantis, Chrysler,dodge, whatever flavor of the month buyout...take your nonsense to a jeeps forum.
nonsense to the jeep forum? Stop your fanboy-ism. The sport is too short. The numbers don’t tell the story. The cargo hold is very tall not long which presents an issue for camping with 4 people.

I have the car so I know. Besides anyone over teenager size wouldn’t want to be there for long.

I am not making this up as I tried.

I want to like the sport but a family car it is not. Be realistic in your thinking

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
nonsense to the jeep forum? Stop your fanboy-ism. The sport is too short. The numbers don’t tell the story. The cargo hold is very tall not long which presents an issue for camping with 4 people.

I have the car so I know. Besides anyone over teenager size wouldn’t want to be there for long.

I am not making this up as I tried.

I want to like the sport but a family car it is not. Be realistic in your thinking
My 20 year old son is 6'5" and a college athlete. No issues. Our family of four has logged multiple trips of four hours plus already. Just returned our daughter with her stuff and a carload across the state...no issues. No teeny tiny teens...I am 6' 240 linebacker build...no issues. And fanboy? Well it is a sport forum so the shoe fits, yep I'm a fan..maybe old...old boy??...what else ya got? Love my sport, I'm a huge fan... Trade yours in make profit, they are selling really well...find a jeep. Everyone is happy. Solving world problems faster than 1600 Pennsylvania avenue.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I think for some ppl sport is not going to work for their family other families it will meet their needs. Not a one size fits all not all families are the same and not all ppl use vehicles the same way. I had concerns about rear seat room so me and wife went to dealer sat in outer banks. We said yes this will work for us for what we are going to use vehicle for. So I recommend to ppl find any BS trim on a lot take a look and decide.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I think for some ppl sport is not going to work for their family other families it will meet their needs. Not a one size fits all not all families are the same and not all ppl use vehicles the same way. I had concerns about rear seat room so me and wife went to dealer sat in outer banks. We said yes this will work for us for what we are going to use vehicle for. So I recommend to ppl find any BS trim on a lot take a look and decide.
Spot on. Well said as always. Is it a luxury caddy escalade? Nope. Wasn't ever intended to be.

Reactions: Jrl

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
My 20 year old son is 6'5" and a college athlete. No issues. Our family of four has logged multiple trips of four hours plus already. Just returned our daughter with her stuff and a carload across the state...no issues. No teeny tiny teens...I am 6' 240 linebacker build...no issues. And fanboy? Well it is a sport forum so the shoe fits, yep I'm a fan..maybe old...old boy??...what else ya got? Love my sport, I'm a huge fan... Trade yours in make profit, they are selling really well...find a jeep. Everyone is happy. Solving world problems faster than 1600 Pennsylvania avenue.
sure the vehicle may work for a few hour road trip with a small overnight bag.

multiples days worth of camping gear for 4 people including coolers, wood, luggage, off road equipment, sleeping bags, cots, food…no way that works.

I did sell my sport and bought a lightly used 2021 Tiguan sel premium 4motion.

I am not saying any of what I said to trash the sport or say jeep is better at all. I am saying this as the bronco sport is realistically good for 2 people with full camping gear needed for extended travel.

there are many great parts of a sport but for me the storage capacity is not one of them mainly due to length.

if you don’t need the extra space than a bronco sport is for you!

As to the poster who quoted I am glad you love your sport! I personally don’t want to mislead people and try and show an objective analysis of the size of the vehicle.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
sure the vehicle may work for a few hour road trip with a small overnight bag.

multiples days worth of camping gear for 4 people including coolers, wood, luggage, off road equipment, sleeping bags, cots, food…no way that works.

I did sell my sport and bought a lightly used 2021 Tiguan sel premium 4motion.

I am not saying any of what I said to trash the sport or say jeep is better at all. I am saying this as the bronco sport is realistically good for 2 people with full camping gear needed for extended travel.

there are many great parts of a sport but for me the storage capacity is not one of them mainly due to length.

if you don’t need the extra space than a bronco sport is for you!

As to the poster who quoted I am glad you love your sport! I personally don’t want to mislead people and try and show an objective analysis of the size of the vehicle.
Fair enough though earlier comments comparing the ranger and it's capability contradicts your thoughts. It is what it is. I'd argue nearly any vehicle requiring multiple people and camp equipment for a week would require a crew cab full size truck (and even with my Rams I felt like stuff was overflowing...) Or a trailer/rooftop per. No question the sport is a compact SUV. Family vehicle? Works for us with full size adults. Glad you found what you needed. The sport isn't perfect or perfect for everything.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
For whatever reason there are a handful of salties on a bronco forum out to prove to bronco owners that it's a junk ride compared to vehicle "X"...great...it's not for everyone and that's fine....take the salt lick to another forum. I don't mind complaints but saying vehicle X trashes a bronco in every way...why are you even here wasting your time other than to stir the pot. Go hang out at CNN they love that kind of stuff. That's the best I can figure glamerding.
I am not on here to stir the pot. Look at my post history. I am one of the first bronco sport owners in the country. I was one of the first to off road in a big bend. I discovered the rough country lift sway bar problem. I have probably had my sport off road more than anyone on this forum. I have gone on trails that quickly became an area for short wheelbase only vehicles in Death Valley. I’ve driven it through feet of silt.

I am speaking objectively from my experience in the vehicle.

I honestly found the seats on the sport uncomfortable and the interior build quality rather cheap. I also found the space to be limited. I hoped that the size would work for me. It didn’t. I tried camping in it with 4 people.

in terms of capability any vehicle with low range, lockers, solid axles always wins off road. Yes the sport is the most capable CUV off road but compared to cars with the above features it doesn’t compare.

There is a lot to love with the sport and I mostly enjoyed it. Lots of good times and memories. If the sport works for you great. I’m happy for everyone that loves their sport. I however want to give a balanced view of what it is and what it isn’t.
Sponsored