So,, are dealerships not getting BSs now?

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
If he does not want a Badlands and does not want a sunroof then an order can be placed for the other trims without sun roof. This is per the Order Guide Ford published early May.
He wants a fully loaded BL+BL so no choice but to wait
Sponsored

JEspey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I am watching autotrader and cargurus numbers on the exact model we want and they are dropping. We can’t afford one until we sell her edge. So it’s looking like it may be better to just order when that happens.
We traded in my 2020 Edge on our new BL, and got close to what we paid for the Edge in trade. Used prices crazy right now

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Ru
We traded in my 2020 Edge on our new BL, and got close to what we paid for the Edge in trade. Used prices crazy right now
yeah, that’s what I am seeing. However, ours is a 2010 Edge Sport and gas 120k miles. Little different scenario.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The local Ford dealer has my 15 explorer with 90,000 miles on their lot for 20,000.... they gave me 10 in trade. Just crazy how much they can get for used vehicles right now. I don’t regret it because I love my bronco but I’m thinking I should have waited and sold it on Craigslist or something lol

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The local Ford dealer has my 15 explorer with 90,000 miles on their lot for 20,000.... they gave me 10 in trade. Just crazy how much they can get for used vehicles right now. I don’t regret it because I love my bronco but I’m thinking I should have waited and sold it on Craigslist or something lol
Well, now I am noticing a handful of dealerships are marking the BSs up $2-4k of msrp. Ugh

Theowlhoothoot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am wondering if they have completely stopped shipping new Bronco Sports (and other models) to dealerships as a result of the chips.

a salesman told us they “have no clue what new vehicles will arrive on trucks” I have to call BS BS on that :)
We didn't preorder, but my dealer gave us the option to expedite any vehicle that was in the shipping phase to change delivery from weeks to days. We ended up getting one that just go off the train / trailer that morning.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Many reports of much less than that by a week or even 2.
Ordered a BS FE on day one (7/13/20). Built 3/19/21 and shipped same day. Delivered to MAP, Detroit, 12 days later and delivered to dealer on 4/2/21 (total transit to dealer: 14 days). Transit time depends on where it’s going and how many new BS going to that area. Ford’s delivery ETA was 4/24/21... beat it by several weeks.

Bigbend410

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I am wondering if they have completely stopped shipping new Bronco Sports (and other models) to dealerships as a result of the chips.

a salesman told us they “have no clue what new vehicles will arrive on trucks” I have to call BS BS on that :)
Galpin Ford in LA area is the biggest Ford dealer in Ca. They also have dealers for numerous brands including Lincoln, Mazda, VW, Volvo, etc. I possibly got their last BS two weeks ago. They told me that because of chip shortage they had no solid information on when they would be getting more. Their vehicle inventory is very thin. The only cars they didn’t have a problem getting were Volvos. Why? Because Volvo is Chinese owned.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
They told me that because of chip shortage they had no solid information on when they would be getting more.
So they have zero BS on order? None with upcoming production dates and none on the train in transit? They cant look at Visibility Report, no? I think they are full of crap trying to talk customers into buying what they have on lot at inflated prices.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover LR2, Ford Expedition
Galpin Ford in LA area is the biggest Ford dealer in Ca. They also have dealers for numerous brands including Lincoln, Mazda, VW, Volvo, etc. I possibly got their last BS two weeks ago. They told me that because of chip shortage they had no solid information on when they would be getting more. Their vehicle inventory is very thin. The only cars they didn’t have a problem getting were Volvos. Why? Because Volvo is Chinese owned.
When you bought your Bronco from that dealer, did you buy it at a marked up price? I ordered mine from that same dealer early last month.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We didn't preorder, but my dealer gave us the option to expedite any vehicle that was in the shipping phase to change delivery from weeks to days. We ended up getting one that just go off the train / trailer that morning.
that is very similar to what i did when I got my Lexus IS. Took it right off the boat, out from under a dealership that changed the price on me at the last minute because I wouldn’t be using their service department (they were in another state). Closer dealer matched the original quote.

OP
OP

kapk22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shop around...not everyone is doing so, it's reasonable to find a dealer at or near MSRP
i am still seeing a few listing msrp minus the $500 rebate. Still crossing our fingers the Edge fix isn’t going to be a big deal and there will be a few left in June.

Bigbend410

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
When you bought your Bronco from that dealer, did you buy it at a marked up price? I ordered mine from that same dealer early last month.
Yes. First car that I ever paid the dealers asking price. It was that or nothing. Broncos are in demand and because of computer chip shortage the dealers cannot get cars. I am not happy with what I paid but I am happy with the BS.
Sponsored