Sneak peek at a prototype engine cover for the 2.0L (Badlands, etc.) and for the 1.5L Models

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
$180... not as painful as I thought it would be. I wonder how long the "sale" price will be around, though.
Sponsored

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Stupid question. Is THIS engine cover a necessity or is it merely for aesthetics? The OEM looks like it is foam but the JCR one is metal and $180.

OP
OP
Dude

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
$180... not as painful as I thought it would be. I wonder how long the "sale" price will be around, though.
$180 and it looks nice. Their engine covers for other vehicles have been that same price for awhile

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Stupid question. Is THIS engine cover a necessity or is it merely for aesthetics? The OEM looks like it is foam but the JCR one is metal and $180.
I believe ford either stopped shipping them with BS models or they were left out of random builds due to supply chain problems. They can be hard to source to an extent in the OEM format.

A lot of users didn't get the engine cover and/or hood insulation, among other things. I received the hood insulation but not engine cover, for example.

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
I believe ford either stopped shipping them with BS models or they were left out of random builds due to supply chain problems. They can be hard to source to an extent in the OEM format.

A lot of users didn't get the engine cover and/or hood insulation, among other things. I received the hood insulation but not engine cover, for example.
Same here. Hood insulation w/o an engine cover. Not mechanically incline and Iā€™m not an engineer so Iā€™m wondering about the usefulness of a metal engine cover. Every car I had that came with an engine cover was either plastic or foam. I was just about to purchase it (itā€™s in the websiteā€™s shopping cart) when these questions came into mind. Am I buying this to make the engine bay look ā€œbetterā€?

Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Same here. Hood insulation w/o an engine cover. Not mechanically incline and Iā€™m not an engineer so Iā€™m wondering about the usefulness of a metal engine cover. Every car I had that came with an engine cover was either plastic or foam. I was just about to purchase it (itā€™s in the websiteā€™s shopping cart) when these questions came into mind. Am I buying this to make the engine bay look ā€œbetterā€?
You're pretty much spot on. It's just to make the engine bay look nicer because a lot of smaller modern engines don't look as "cool" as classic engines and are often mounted in transverse as well. So it's just to make the engine look a bit nicer or aggressive in some cases.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Yes your buying this to make the engine bay look better.

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
You're pretty much spot on. It's just to make the engine bay look nicer because a lot of smaller modern engines don't look as "cool" as classic engines and are often mounted in transverse as well. So it's just to make the engine look a bit nicer of aggressive in some cases.
Ok. Thanks. Hopefully in the future someone creates a lighter (maybe plastic/foam) design. Something in the sub $100 range.

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
You're pretty much spot on. It's just to make the engine bay look nicer because a lot of smaller modern engines don't look as "cool" as classic engines and are often mounted in transverse as well. So it's just to make the engine look a bit nicer or aggressive in some cases.

Good place to set your beer when doing an oil change.

JcrOffroad

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
Last edited:

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Well folks if you have an oil separator like I do, the engine cover cannot be installed as you can see from my pics that itā€™s in the way. So now Iā€™m undecided as to what to do, sell the engine cover or take off the oil separator. Iā€™m bummed.

Ford Bronco Sport Sneak peek at a prototype engine cover for the 2.0L (Badlands, etc.) and for the 1.5L Models IMG_4775
Ford Bronco Sport Sneak peek at a prototype engine cover for the 2.0L (Badlands, etc.) and for the 1.5L Models IMG_2755

redbucky2022

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Hot Pepper Red BS
Very nice! Now how 'bout a skid plate with access to the drain plug and filter for the 1.5.
I have all of their skid plates on my BB. Filter access is easy, lord help you on the drainplug. Its easier to turn the wheel to the right and reach in to grab the plug. BUT... it turns into a cascading waterfall of oil because none of the holes line up for the 1.5.
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Diode Dynamics Lighting 0