Side steps, running boards, grip tape?

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Anyone found anything useful to stand on when strapping things down to your roof rack? The side rails are slippery when standing on them to strap stuff down.
I don't see anything great yet. I'm about to put some anti friction tape down.
Sponsored

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

OP
OP
HugeGuyTheory

HugeGuyTheory

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I've seen this in my search online, im kinda skeptical.
It claims 400lbs, but I see it's made of cast aluminum. First review shows the hook end broke off and you can see it's cast. Also a bit small.

I'm not really looking for Height, just something to not fall on my ass when my foot slips off the side rail, lol.

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
It claims 400lbs, but I see it's made of cast aluminum. First review shows the hook end broke off and you can see it's cast. Also a bit small.

I'm not really looking for Height, just something to not fall on my ass when my foot slips off the side rail, lol.
I hear you; I step up on the back tire when I need sturdy footing reaching in my basket

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

I hear you; I step up on the back tire when I need sturdy footing reaching in my basket
I'm also a big guy too (250lbs) but I do have good balance so it works for me even to lift a full size spare solo to the roof. The tire is definitely another option and as I mentioned they make a step that sits on the tire too. I just think the tire is set to far back in comparison to where you need to work on the roof. There are lots of nifty gadgets but just like the BS, some are defective. I just see a $30 investment wasn't a bad way to get started. Best of luck finding what you need.
Ford Bronco Sport Side steps, running boards, grip tape? Screenshot_20210930-074530

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anyone found anything useful to stand on when strapping things down to your roof rack? The side rails are slippery when standing on them to strap stuff down.
I don't see anything great yet. I'm about to put some anti friction tape down.
I put this friction tape down on all of my door sills, looks great & works great.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I511BDQ