NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Hey all,
Starting a thread for all options of roof racks. If you have one please post a pic and share the manufacturer info! Tells us what your loving or hating about it.

Rhino rack pioneer platform in 2 sizes:
60x49” recommended on rhinorack.com
76x49” I think fits the size of the roof better and gives a good overhang to mount a light bar to the rack (next upgrade)

60x49 rhino rack with low pro SX legs
Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack 5E078A7D-65F4-476A-A1D3-ED3D6D715667
Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack 2F069E22-F648-4101-932F-0867D4C9AC15

76x49 rhino rack with low pro sx legs

Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack 111C4BB2-480E-49C1-9FB2-0A3B4FF4D587

sx100 legs
Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack 12C7FFAE-924C-470D-B13D-8F5C0C6E2E4B
Well you are fully to blame for me just ordering these pieces for my cactus grey Badlands, ugh! Went with that same 76x49 Rhino Rack platform and just wedge it onto that rear attenae.

Quick question... Using those same Rhino Rack SX100 legs will peeps be able to gain access to remove this setup too easily? I didn't see any kind of locking option using these legs, and yes I know any dertmeined and prepared thief will be able to remove most any roof rack/box... but just trying to mitigate any opportunistic thief's : )
Sponsored

OP
OP
BSoftRoader

BSoftRoader

Badlands
First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco sport
Well you are fully to blame for me just ordering these pieces for my cactus grey Badlands, ugh! Went with that same 76x49 Rhino Rack platform and just wedge it onto that rear attenae.

Quick question... Using those same Rhino Rack SX100 legs will peeps be able to gain access to remove this setup too easily? I didn't see any kind of locking option using these legs, and yes I know any dertmeined and prepared thief will be able to remove most any roof rack/box... but just trying to mitigate any opportunistic thief's : )
There is no lock for this set up but you would need to have the security Allen key in the right lengths to remove it. The front ones are short but the back requires a really long security Allen key. They would have to show up with the perfect set of tools to remove it.

Buster

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend; 2021 Kia Telluride SX
I'm torn between a Rhino rack mounted on crossbars and the YuccaMFG rack. Weight is a wash between the two, but the ability to take the platform off to reconfigure the roof appeals, but that ability is negated by a style with Yucca that never needs to be removed. Since pickup of my BS could be as early as today I need to make a decision soon.
Just posted pics of my Yucca rack if you need more reference. Might want to think about the Spider roof rack too.

Spitty

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yakima Lock N Load Platform B
Yakima Tire Mount
RhinoRack lockable tool mount
T slot clamps to hold tracks down
Mounted on Thule evo wingbar 135 (easier on off and still have the bars in place)
Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack PXL_20220314_205416937.PORTRAIT

Spitty

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Love your BS OB, my question s is t about roof racks, but rather, what brand/size of tires are I. This photo?

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Wait, my BL tires are 225/65R17. Do they put 225/60R18 on the OB?
Yep. More of a street size for OB. BL has more sidewall to absorb more trail abuse.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Love your BS OB, my question s is t about roof racks, but rather, what brand/size of tires are I. This photo?
Toyo open country3 225/60/18, the one on the roof is 225/65/17

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
Yakima Lock N Load Platform B
Yakima Tire Mount
RhinoRack lockable tool mount
T slot clamps to hold tracks down
Mounted on Thule evo wingbar 135 (easier on off and still have the bars in place)
Ford Bronco Sport Show off your Roof Rack PXL_20220314_205416937.PORTRAIT
I’m thinking the same setup…

Any noticeable wind noise with and without the load platform?

20% this weekend at REI for those Thule crossbars and Yakima stuff.

Eventually I will think about a C6 rtt
https://c6outdoor.com/collections/rev-roof-top-tents That goes on top just the Thule crossbar

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I’m thinking the same setup…

Any noticeable wind noise with and without the load platform?

20% this weekend at REI for those Thule crossbars and Yakima stuff.

Eventually I will think about a C6 rtt
https://c6outdoor.com/collections/rev-roof-top-tents That goes on top just the Thule crossbar
I actually saved like $75 for getting a scratch and dent Thule bar on Amazon, plus prime day next month. But 20% is really good. You definitely get wind noise... Thule bars with nothing is very little noise. My toyo oc3 tires make more noise. Attachments will cause noise for sure. Adding the platform kicked it up a little. Again if it's just that and nothing attached, it not bad. Sound really picks up the minute you put something up there and what it is. I've moved it front to back and seem to get the least noise the further back I went. You may want a stubby antenna to help get it back. But if your planning to get an RTT, you may not want the Yakima platform. It's already heavy and most RTT will max out the BS raised rails. Hope this info helps. Happy 4th and best of luck!

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
. But if your planning to get an RTT, you may not want the Yakima platform. It's already heavy and most RTT will max out the BS raised rails. Hope this info helps. Happy 4th and best of luck!
Thanks!

If I mount the RTT, I likely will remove the platform or basket

Happy 4th!!!
Sponsored