Glass

Badlands
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just purchased a Badlands and it's awesome to say the least. But I was told that I shouldn't really drive in Sport Mode until I hit 3K miles. I have heard similar things in the past when a car had a Sport mode function especially American muscle cars, but didn't think this was still an issue.

I was wondering if anyone else had any input or feedback on this topic.
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I test drove in sport, granted Iā€™m breaking in mostly in normal. Iā€™m at 1300ish miles and took a small road trip and drove some of that in sport. I would just keep the rpms low (hard to do in sport) itā€™s your ride, the manuel doesnā€™t say to stay out of sport. It just says donā€™t tow for the first thousand miles.
And congratulations! What color!! We like photos here.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I agree with Zerocool...it's your ride drive it like you stole it... but yeah I personally have taken it easy. I actually drive it in eco mode a lot, mostly because if I was in sport...I'd be pushing the tach harder than I should. I tend to like the fast off the line, hard on the brakes style. See:challenger. I am trying to ease this one in a bit more though it's never affected my previous cars. Heck my first challenger, I think the week I got it, had to get off the expressway with my young son riding shotgun from baseball...we had to outrun a couple semi's blocking lanes, looked down as we slowed to 110 on the ramp...yeah, pretty confident I was over 5K rpm...I considered it training my motor what was going to happen.

First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Iā€™ve put about 1300 miles on my obx and Iā€™d wager 75-85% of that was in sport mode. I agree with what everyone else has said hereā€¦.I also disable auto shutoff every time.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Iā€™ve put about 1300 miles on my obx and Iā€™d wager 75-85% of that was in sport mode. I agree with what everyone else has said hereā€¦.I also disable auto shutoff every time.
Interesting as soon as i put mine in sport it auto disables the shut off I donā€™t have to.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I agree with Zerocool...it's your ride drive it like you stole it... but yeah I personally have taken it easy. I actually drive it in eco mode a lot, mostly because if I was in sport...I'd be pushing the tach harder than I should. I tend to like the fast off the line, hard on the brakes style. See:challenger. I am trying to ease this one in a bit more though it's never affected my previous cars. Heck my first challenger, I think the week I got it, had to get off the expressway with my young son riding shotgun from baseball...we had to outrun a couple semi's blocking lanes, looked down as we slowed to 110 on the ramp...yeah, pretty confident I was over 5K rpm...I considered it training my motor what was going to happen.
110?!
Ford Bronco Sport Should you wait to drive in Sport Mode? 1623877089528

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I used to have a friend that said you had to ā€˜trainā€™ your transmission by driving like you robbed a bank. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s any truth to that.

OP
OP
Glass

Glass

Badlands
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yea this is all super helpful. Thank you!

I've been kind of taking it easy, but man I do like the sound and way Sport mode feels.... so maybe I'll just treat myself more often then not. Not sure about 110, but hey who knows.

OP
OP
Glass

Glass

Badlands
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I used to have a friend that said you had to ā€˜trainā€™ your transmission by driving like you robbed a bank. I donā€™t know if thereā€™s any truth to that.
Yea this is what I was told as well. Not sure if thats really the case anymore while cars become more electric.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yea this is all super helpful. Thank you!

I've been kind of taking it easy, but man I do like the sound and way Sport mode feels.... so maybe I'll just treat myself more often then not. Not sure about 110, but hey who knows.
Don't be surprised....this bronco gets up quick. I'd say if you are sensible about it, running a little higher isn't bad for it, just don't drag race cold off the line for a while/ever. I'm starting to tinker with the different modes.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Relax, there is not.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Drive the way you want, these motors are not made like the old ones & need little break in . If you want to take it easy , thats fine too , but no reason not to try sport mode .

lbjailer

First Edition
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F150 Lariat 4X4, Bronco Sport First Edition
Yea, Sport Mode makes a big difference in the way it drives. I traded in a Focus ST with basically the same motor and I am impressed. But I don't do Sport Mode much. You have the 3 year 36K mile warranty, if something happens it should be covered.
Sponsored