GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Has anyone had any success with something this like? Seeing quite a few different brands on Amazon with reviews saying too small for receiver and moves around. Would like to have one but not if the fit is gonna leave it rattling around.

Ford Bronco Sport Shackle Tow Hook 30FC1552-53A5-440D-80B3-0129723162FE
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Ford Bronco Sport Shackle Tow Hook 30FC1552-53A5-440D-80B3-0129723162FE

Has anyone had any success with something this like? Seeing quite a few different brands on Amazon with reviews saying too small for receiver and moves around. Would like to have one but not if the fit is gonna leave it rattling around.
I went with the Gear America version although it was priced lower.
Ford Bronco Sport Shackle Tow Hook 08E3FEC4-710A-4A0B-9BB7-2D4CD900BAE0

OP
OP
GulfCoastBronco

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
You don't have to drive with it on all the time, its an off road recovery device. But a simple solution is just flip the shackle up on top. Most of the rattle you actually hear it the shackle as it is freely moving around.

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't have to drive with it on all the time, its an off road recovery device. But a simple solution is just flip the shackle up on top. Most of the rattle you actually hear it the shackle as it is freely moving around.
Just think how cool they look in the mall parking lot.

I leave one like this in my UTV to drag logs etc while working, I don’t leave a hitch in my trucks receiver nor would I leave this.

I love the excuse it will save my bumper if some one hits me, as it sits in the receiver and rust.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just think how cool they look in the mall parking lot.

I leave one like this in my UTV to drag logs etc while working, I don’t leave a hitch in my trucks receiver nor would I leave this.

I love the excuse it will save my bumper if some one hits me, as it sits in the receiver and rust.
If you want it as a bumper saver, buy an aluminum shackle mount and just leave that in. No rust, no muss. But, buy a set of shin guards as well. Your shins will appreciate it. Ask someone who “normally” doesn’t leave the hitch plugged in!

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I love the excuse it will save my bumper if someone hits me, as it sits in the receiver and rust.
It can happen. I left the hitch in my Xterra years ago and was rear-ended by a muppet in a compact car who was texting. I was at a stop sign and saw her coming in my side mirror. The hitch and ball tore a big hole in the front end of her car and left my Xterra without a scratch.

She had no insurance and an unrestrained kid in the front seat. What a sh!tshow.

For my Bronco, I have a Curt receiver to install and a nerf bumper step that I'll leave in the receiver.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It can happen. I left the hitch in my Xterra years ago and was rear-ended by a muppet in a compact car who was texting. I was at a stop sign and saw her coming in my side mirror. The hitch and ball tore a big hole in the front end of her car and left my Xterra without a scratch.

She had no insurance and an unrestrained kid in the front seat. What a sh!tshow.

For my Bronco, I have a Curt receiver to install and a nerf bumper step that I'll leave in the receiver.
Same thing with my son’s FJ cruiser. He leaves his shackle in but lives in the twin cities so is always pulling people out of the ditch. He has a rear camera that caught the whole thing as a “txt’r” blindly ran into him. No damage to the FJ, big hole in the Nissan grill.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Same thing with my son’s FJ cruiser. He leaves his shackle in but lives in the twin cities so is always pulling people out of the ditch. He has a rear camera that caught the whole thing as a “txt’r” blindly ran into him. No damage to the FJ, big hole in the Nissan grill.
This is exactly why I installed this .

Ford Bronco Sport Shackle Tow Hook 256E1B17-4FF6-4941-8584-E6F8E8FBEEB2

Ford Bronco Sport Shackle Tow Hook 1E5DAD7E-0D97-4ABC-BD93-C8DF73E94D89

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
This is what I have to use:

Ford Bronco Sport Shackle Tow Hook 71XxmsCmjKL._AC_SX679_
That is very serious stuff right there . That will work . Would like to see a picture when you install . Thanks

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
That is very serious stuff right there . That will work . Would like to see a picture when you install . Thanks
Thanks. I should have the hitch and everything installed shortly. I'm trying to do one thing a day when it's not raining. I have side nerf bars that are very similar in transit. FedEx lost the first set. :rolleyes:

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Note-you have to get all this stuff so you can wash yer roof!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)