Seating Material Question - difference in the cloth on the Base vs. Big Bend?

scouthr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Want to know if there is a difference in the cloth on the Base vs. Big Bend. If so, how is each? Have two dogs (who go hiking a lot) and 3 kids and we've always done leather. This car will likely be passed down to my son in 1-2 years and considering a 4 door Bronco for myself at that time. So wondering if we can get away with the cloth or not on the BS. Just wondering why they didn't do the Active-X material in an off-roading/get dirty vehicle. Will go Outer Banks for full Bronco but trying to go more affordable for my son.
Sponsored

Powerz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Want to know if there is a difference in the cloth on the Base vs. Big Bend. If so, how is each? Have two dogs (who go hiking a lot) and 3 kids and we've always done leather. This car will likely be passed down to my son in 1-2 years and considering a 4 door Bronco for myself at that time. So wondering if we can get away with the cloth or not on the BS. Just wondering why they didn't do the Active-X material in an off-roading/get dirty vehicle. Will go Outer Banks for full Bronco but trying to go more affordable for my son.
It's honestly very close to the same. I preferred the single tone of the base and went with that, test drove 2 big bends prior though. So from the standpoint of the material both are pretty much the same fabric, I have 2 dogs and 2 kids under 3 and haven't had an issue thus far (500 miles, going on 2 weeks of ownership) everything has wiped off pretty easily without any elbow grease (hashbrowns, baby spitup, milk). The cloth feels super durable like it's meant to get dirty the only soft part is on the side of the front seats really. Dog hair obviously with any cloth, gets everywhere but my pups have preferred the cargo area to the front seats which has helped with the cargo mat lol. Where the Bend is a lot better, is with the rear cargo area of the back seats, they have a rubberized texture fastened onto the back of the passenger 60/40 split, which I'm actually going to have to add aftermarket to my base :(. The only other benefit you get with the big bend interior-wise is the back seat drink console.

OP
OP

scouthr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
It's honestly very close to the same. I preferred the single tone of the base and went with that, test drove 2 big bends prior though. So from the standpoint of the material both are pretty much the same fabric, I have 2 dogs and 2 kids under 3 and haven't had an issue thus far (500 miles, going on 2 weeks of ownership) everything has wiped off pretty easily without any elbow grease (hashbrowns, baby spitup, milk). The cloth feels super durable like it's meant to get dirty the only soft part is on the side of the front seats really. Dog hair obviously with any cloth, gets everywhere but my pups have preferred the cargo area to the front seats which has helped with the cargo mat lol. Where the Bend is a lot better, is with the rear cargo area of the back seats, they have a rubberized texture fastened onto the back of the passenger 60/40 split, which I'm actually going to have to add aftermarket to my base :(. The only other benefit you get with the big bend interior-wise is the back seat drink console.
Thanks, this is helpful info. I agree the rubberized cargo area is a draw of the Big Bend.
Sponsored