Safety

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
I may be alone here, but I'm wondering about the general safety of this vehicle. Do we know anything about crumple zone safety of this suv yet? Have there been any crash tests?
Sponsored

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
According to the information documents posted here and elsewhere, including the "E-Source Book," there have been no crash tests performed yet. I was not aware you could sell a vehicle before crash tests were done, but apparently, as long as the usual safety requirements are met (airbags, etc.), it's OK to sell. I'm assuming they have done crash testing via computer models. (?).

From Ford: "2021 Bronco Sport has not been crash tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)."

Last edited:
OP
OP
Designermama

Designermama

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*nunya*
Thanks for that info - yeah that concerns me. My gut tells me it's most likely FINE - but safety is a huge factor for me as a I have a bit of PTSD from a recent crash ><

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
It concerns me too but they only have preproduction models currently and you want the tests done on production models.

kmb421

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
Anyone have insight on when we might see some safety stats now that we are in full production? Would be nice to have them as peace of mind before taking delivery.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
The lack of safety testing is a problem, at least for me. Hopefully it will be released before I take delivery in February or I might decline.

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
The lack of safety testing is a problem, at least for me. Hopefully it will be released before I take delivery in February or I might decline.
FWIW-In order to sell the vehicle in the first place, the vehicle is self certified by Ford, Built to Federal safety standards and crash tested internally, virtually and in real life. It’s not uncommon at all for sale to be started and crash tests are not done until a year later. Some vehicles depending on their projected sales number never get crash tested by the gov’t. Seeing how close the architecture is to the current escape, look to that as guide and don’t sweat it.

Geojive

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would be very surprised if Ford hasn’t run versions modeling programs concerning safety. That doesn’t mean they don’t need real world data, but they have a pretty good idea how the vehicle should preform in a wreck.

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
It’s coming along. According to FB ford BS owners group it was gathered they rolled and walked away. So my inexpert opinion is it’s safe.
Ford Bronco Sport Safety F15FF99C-D468-4BC6-A382-7CD42E707D12
Ford Bronco Sport Safety 8AA8ECE8-E943-4A8A-B191-3543E2D3FFF2
I saw that on the FB page and was gonna post it but you beat me to it. Didn’t take long for one to get wrecked
Sponsored