Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for those pictures! I'm trying to compare the Trigger with RC. Do you know if the RC has to be fully wired to the rocker switches? I don't think RC is RF and no IOS phone app. For the Trigger mount, is that wired for just power to charge the battery to the rockers?
Rough country have all the hardware (light bar) but I only use the power connector to te battery to the Trigger 4.
Sponsored

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I like the look of this light bar and installation to the roof rack looks clean. My main issue is the wiring. Looking at the installation instructions from their site it only goes into how to mount the light. On step 6 it says refer to the instructions in the box that came with it on how to wire. That PDF was not available on their site so I called them and was given a vague answer - "You can run the wires however you want". I am like I want to see solutions not this wire goes to the battery, this one goes to the switch, etc. I do not think anyone on this site has mounted one that I am aware of for a reference.

I am still working with Ford on what the "wiring pre-pack" is that is on all of our window stickers. No one knows and seems to be a big mystery, I don't get it.
I even called Ford and ask what the wiring prep pack was and Ford nor my dealer had a clue and had never heard of it. haha

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lighting Options for 2021 Bronco Sport 20210410_171817

Got the Nudge bar installed today and wire complete for the light bar and nudge bar
Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lighting Options for 2021 Bronco Sport 20210410_171520

Light bar wire runs down the trim for the roof rack and goes behind the black trim piece beside the windshield
Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lighting Options for 2021 Bronco Sport 20210410_171455

Nudge bar wires go in through the front grille
Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lighting Options for 2021 Bronco Sport 20210410_171627

Everything come together and is controlled by a trigger 4plus so I can have wireless switches to control the lights with
The rough country kits do come with wiring harnesses but I chose to go with the controller to clean up the look

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lighting Options for 2021 Bronco Sport 1319479094

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lighting Options for 2021 Bronco Sport 594946132

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country Lighting Options for 2021 Bronco Sport 1994699627
I have the RC LED top light bar. I love the look of it and how bright it is, but the sunroof taps the bottom of the bar when opening and closing. Also, even with the cap on the front of the bar it makes an annoying wind noise going down the road. :( Any recommendations? Do all the LED bars do that?

OP
OP
Megakatx

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the RC LED top light bar. I love the look of it and how bright it is, but the sunroof taps the bottom of the bar when opening and closing. Also, even with the cap on the front of the bar it makes an annoying wind noise going down the road. :( Any recommendations? Do all the LED bars do that?
You can play with the angle and the position before the installation and do not interfering with my sunroof but the noise will be there... it's the price for the lights hahaha

CallMeBill

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Carbonized Grey Badlands
Do you know if a 42" Light bar will work? Not many option out there for 40" and not a fan of RC.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
You can play with the angle and the position before the installation and do not interfering with my sunroof but the noise will be there... it's the price for the lights hahaha
I'm really considering removing the RC top light bar. :( Everyone who rides with me says "what's that loud noise?" I have 8 fin clips installed and that didn't do anything at all. It's not whistling, but just wind blowing over the bar. I didn't think it'd be this loud. If I re-position the angle, the sunroof as it opens hits the bar and sometimes won't allow it to even open. I have to close the sunroof cover to drive on the highway. Are there other bars that are in a different position that are better? I might just install some ditch lights instead.

OP
OP
Megakatx

Megakatx

Big Bend
First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I'm really considering removing the RC top light bar. :( Everyone who rides with me says "what's that loud noise?" I have 8 fin clips installed and that didn't do anything at all. It's not whistling, but just wind blowing over the bar. I didn't think it'd be this loud. If I re-position the angle, the sunroof as it opens hits the bar and sometimes won't allow it to even open. I have to close the sunroof cover to drive on the highway. Are there other bars that are in a different position that are better? I might just install some ditch lights instead.
If it's a issue for you you can just remove the bar, there are some options to install some small bar on the front bumper.

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
If it's a issue for you you can just remove the bar, there are some options to install some small bar on the front bumper.
Right, that's what I'm thinking of doing. I have a road trip next week and will probably remove it before then. I already have S1 fog lamps and the full RC nudge bar with 4 round lights. The top bar is cheap and looks good, but not practical for my ears.
Sponsored