Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
I don’t know how to tag someone, but @MRanderson was correct when he said the nut on the sway bar link was loose! I double checked mine after reading his story, and I didn’t see anything loose near the drop down bracket. After further investigation it was on the link itself, and not the bracket. Here’s a picture and video of what was wrong on mine. I’m not saying this is causing everyone’s clunking, but huge thanks to mranderson to giving us his feedback first!

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country lift noise. EBA7120E-900D-4013-A390-C7A1710DA5A1

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country lift noise. EBA7120E-900D-4013-A390-C7A1710DA5A1
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork
I don’t know how to tag someone, but Mranderson was correct when he said the nut on the sway bar link was loose! I double checked mine after reading his story, and I didn’t see anything loose near the drop down bracket. After further investigation it was on the link itself, and not the bracket. Here’s a picture and video of what was wrong on mine. I’m not saying this is causing everyone’s clunking, but huge thanks to mranderson to giving us his feedback first!

That clunking noise is constant?

OP
OP
Stitch50

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
That clunking noise is constant?
No, I should have clarified. Mechanic wanted to show me exactly what was clunking. They rocked the bronco back and fourth to imitate the noise. I’m definitely more of a visual learner than just having someone say yeah it’s this. I wanted to know what they fixed. Luckily it was something simple!

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
After enhancing the Video , its the actual Link ( Heim joint ? )where it attaches that is loose . What is that Link Attached to , that black bar ? Sway Bar ?

Wont take long for it to wallow out that Hole where it's attached .

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
I don’t know how to tag someone, but @MRanderson was correct when he said the nut on the sway bar link was loose! I double checked mine after reading his story, and I didn’t see anything loose near the drop down bracket. After further investigation it was on the link itself, and not the bracket. Here’s a picture and video of what was wrong on mine. I’m not saying this is causing everyone’s clunking, but huge thanks to mranderson to giving us his feedback first!

Yah dude! I’m stoked that helped! Mines been holding up well so far.

I’m pretty familiar with the suspension on the car so if anyone has questions DM me and I’ll respond back.

Jerm5816

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
@MRanderson
Have you thought of adding other after market sway bars? One of the issues I had was the sway bar being loose but I also have a squealing noise that has dissipated a little over time, but it’s still there. Driving me nuts that I can’t find it. The lift looks clean though and I don’t want to take it off for a squeal.

Ford Bronco Sport Rough Country lift noise. 5245BE92-AC0A-4B4D-B2ED-6A2D77541534

Last edited:
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport

Just wondering if you ever fixed that by tightening it or if you’re still running the RC lift? I just recently put one on over a year after this video it looks like and within ~40 hours my has clanking in the front left side maybe right, or even both. Just wondering what you did? I ordered the HRG lift too because that was has (from what I’ve seen) had 1000% success rate.
Sponsored