Rodents entering and exiting considered defect?

Chad2008

Big Bend
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Hi having serious problems with rat/mice entering and exiting freely causing thousands In damage is this a defect in the car? I feel it is and I’m thinking about getting a lawyer involved because I have a 2016 Ford Escape that sits next to my 2021 bronco sport big bend that never gets broken into by these disgusting little ####ers

Ford Bronco Sport Rodents entering and exiting considered defect? A91EB44A-089E-4F44-9CAB-1549B07F10EC

Ford Bronco Sport Rodents entering and exiting considered defect? A9B66CE4-103E-44B1-92C2-59D6B5E9AAFB
Sponsored

BoxerBronco

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Edge ST Line, 22 BS Badlands
Wow...keep them on your side of the river! Just kidding...that's crazy!

fkent

Badlands
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F350, 2022 Bronco Sport BL, 1974 MGB
I doubt Ford will cover as warranty. Turn into insurance company.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
First, if you have had anything edible in the car, clean it out. Clean the surfaces inside the car. Food, dog treats, spilled drink, crumbs, etc. it appears they are trying to get into zipped seat pouches and your closed console and usually rodents go into engine wiring. What has been in those pouches/console?

Anything been in there related to food, etc Since it looks like spilled drink in one picture.

Jsut saying that because the first thing I would do as a defense attorney, if you sued, would take your pictures and say the rats/mice went in because you had attractive things in your car to eat and they were trying to get to them. The defense attorney would use the drink drips in the picture as evidence regardless of what you say.

What else are they chewing besides these two areas? Anywhere where things are not stored?

Anyway, there have been class action suits in the past, but all have been related to the wiring and not what you are showing. Even those are losing.

Rodents can fit in the tiniest of spaces to get into vehcles. Any vehicle. Set some rodent traps.

A manufacturer warranty won't cover rodent damage unless you can prove that the damage happened before you purchased the car.Generally rodent damage is covered by your auto insurance.

There have been cases in the past trying to get warranties to cover such and Id not know if any that were successful.

Last edited:

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
First, if you have had anything edible in the car, clean it out. Clean the surfaces inside the car. Food, dog treats, spilled drink, crumbs, etc. it appears they are trying to get into zipped seat pouches and your closed console and usually rodents go into engine wiring. What has been in those pouches/console?

Anything been in there related to food, etc Since it looks like spilled drink in one picture.

Jsut saying that because any defense attorney if you sued would take your pictures and say the rats/mice went in because you had attractive things in your car to eat and they were trying to get to them. They would use the drink drips in the picture as evidence regardless of what you say. I know lawyers.

Anyway, there have been class action suits in the past, but all have been related to the wiring and not what you are showing. Even those are losing.

Rodents can fit in the tiniest of spaces to get into vehcles. Any vehicle. Set some rodent traps.

A manufacturer warranty won't cover rodent damage unless you can prove that the damage happened before you purchased the car.Generally rodent damage is covered by your auto insurance.

There have been cases in the past trying to get warranties to cover such and Id not know if any that were successful.
^^^

this.

E229Lt

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2019 Expedition
get peppermint oil and soak some cotton balls with it leave them around the car, it will drive them away and make the car smell nice.

From the looks of the damage you had food in the console and back pocket.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i would clean out all the food scraps in the car, cigarettes, napkins etc. then give the vehicle a good detailing and shampoo.. buy some rat or mouse traps, and keep them outside the vehicle, or even inside. once they are in there, they follow their scent back and will always return.

the biggest thing is to not leave food in the car.
Sponsored