jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When I decided to get a BS I didn't set my sights on an FE, I wanted a BL but it just so happened that a nearby dealer had an FE on order that had (almost) everything that I wanted. The thing is; I really do not like the decals on the sides or the hood (I prefer a cleaner look), so I'm thinking about removing them. If I decide to trade it in on another Ford when the time comes I'm sure that they could put new ones on it and I doubt that it would have a real negative impact on trade-in value.

Bad idea or not that bad?
Sponsored

Donnie722

First Edition
First Name
Donel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g37x
Do they help with sun reflection at all?

dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Ranger FX4
I dont mind hte ones on the side but man those stickers on the hood are rough.... fords "decal team" needs some real help. The ford ranger Tremor decals look like something off a mid-80s hot wheels.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Do they help with sun reflection at all?
Nope. If anything I would consider a matte black one in the center of the hood but only if I thought it was necessary due to glare.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Oddly, I kind’a like them. But they’ll be gone if I change my mind later.

FE lost a lot of its trade-in value without Assist+

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Nope. If anything I would consider a matte black one in the center of the hood but only if I thought it was necessary due to glare.
I've noticed a strong reflection of the back edge of the drivers side hood "bump out" at certain sun angles. Not in my eyes, but definitely distracting. My plan is to put a small matte vinyl on that back edge as it slopes down to windshield.

OP
OP
jhbass

jhbass

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've noticed a strong reflection of the back edge of the drivers side hood "bump out" at certain sun angles. Not in my eyes, but definitely distracting. My plan is to put a small matte vinyl on that back edge as it slopes down to windshield.
I've thought about maybe having the hood wrapped w/clear satin XPEL. My only concern is that it would look odd against the rest of the paint unless I opted for a different color like black.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
When I decided to get a BS I didn't set my sights on an FE, I wanted a BL but it just so happened that a nearby dealer had an FE on order that had (almost) everything that I wanted. The thing is; I really do not like the decals on the sides or the hood (I prefer a cleaner look), so I'm thinking about removing them. If I decide to trade it in on another Ford when the time comes I'm sure that they could put new ones on it and I doubt that it would have a real negative impact on trade-in value.

Bad idea or not that bad?
I would seek the advice of the paint shop. I don't particularly care for those decal badges, they're cheap looking, a real badge would have been cool.

Boogaboo

First Edition
First Name
Nikos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport 1st Edition, Toyota RAV4 Prime
Hi to all. New to my 1st Edition (Area 51) and wondering what the final verdict is on this. Not so sure about the 1st Edition decals...:confused:
Sponsored