jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have no idea why they didn’t just fix all of them waiting on the recall at the factory where they have the part. I would be worried that the vehicles that arrived here without it fixed or going to the back of the line versus those who were on the road and need to be fixed first.
I thought that was the issue: they don't have the parts.
Sponsored

ZA-Val

Badlands
First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I thought that was the issue: they don't have the parts.
Edited to add I went back and found my post about the recall, I noticed on September 20 that the recall was fixed in my vehicle.
They have them at the factory, mine and a few others had ours fixed before shipment. I bet they don’t have enough to deal with all the cars already here so they are saving them for the ones being built. Same nonsense how they said they didn’t have chips- clearly after some time they did because they built vehicles ordered months after those of us who were stuck in the desert lot since June.

Last edited:

Tabletalk1

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Ours just came in Thursday to the dealer. This recall is applicable. Dealer has no idea when the new part will come. What has been the wait time for others to get the part shipped to the dealer?

OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Ours just came in Thursday to the dealer. This recall is applicable. Dealer has no idea when the new part will come. What has been the wait time for others to get the part shipped to the dealer?
I don’t believe anyone has resolved this and especially at the dealer.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I don’t believe anyone has resolved this and especially at the dealer.
All that was said by Ford was parts would be available "4th Quarter" (gives them to the end of the year) and the NHTSA website states that the "remedy is not yet available". There are almost 11,000 Bronco Sports affected by the recall and another few thousand Escapes and Corsairs. Hopefully since Ford is shipping them out without the recall being completed is a sign that the parts will be available very soon (wishfull thinking on my part).

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine arrived at the dealer the 14th, I'm still waiting.
For those that are interested, the part number for the Bronco Sport is LX6Z-9H307-A

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
the part number for the Bronco Sport is LX6Z-9H307-A
Okay, I have to laugh here, but not at the recall itself: Most of the online parts catalogs have "broken" images for the first two of the three images associated with that part. Really surprised Ford's parts catalog QA team hasn't caught that one, usually you do a thorough link/image crawl prior to declaring a publication "completed". :)

Tabletalk1

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I thought the part number was LX61-9H307-BC/YB based on the NHTSA Recall Report

Cyberpony

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco sport
We are supposed to actually,maybe sign papers on ours this Saturday.The recall part showed up,and is done!
Has been sitting with them unable to sell it to us until the part showed.We even placed another order,not knowing if and when it may or may not show.
‘So looking forward to this Saturday!!

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the part number was LX61-9H307-BC/YB based on the NHTSA Recall Report
That is the engineering number and not the actual part number. The engineering number then translates to different numbers based upon the vehicle that it is going into. The BS part number is different than the Escape part number.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
Bump..

Damn dealers.. one more thing to worry about.. Driving off the lot with a recall affecting safety. This story is about the Ford Escape. All Bronco Sports and Ford Maverick trucks have many (most?) shared parts of the Escape. So, some Bronco Sports may also have an issue with the Fuel Delivery Module.

New York Dealer Investigated For Allegedly Delivering 2021 Ford Escape With Unrepaired Recall
https://www.carscoops.com/2022/06/new-york-dealer-investigated-for-allegedly-delivering-2021-ford-escape-with-unrepaired-recall/

you can lookup your VIN here or general info below. I have the iOS app.

NHTSA Recalls for Bronco Sport vehicles

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rinzler

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Bringing in mine this month for inspection and address the recall. Haven’t had any fuel delivery issue since bringing home. Will report back once completed
Sponsored