Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Haven’t tested ours since the blade came bent from the dealer and needs to be replaced. That said applying rainx (or pick your other brand equivalent) to the rear window helps a ton with keeping the rear window clear and reducing the need to use the wiper.
Appreciate the tip since I live in an area that gets snow, however I’d still like to have a wiper that works as it should. It also looks dumb when it only goes a bit past the centre before returning and falls short of parking in the correct position. I’ve surveyed owners in a FB group and it seems to be hit and miss. Several people were kind enough to post pics of their dirty back windows cleared to 180 degrees and some posted videos.
Sponsored

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Appreciate the tip since I live in an area that gets snow, however I’d still like to have a wiper that works as it should. It also looks dumb when it only goes a bit past the centre before returning and falls short of parking in the correct position. I’ve surveyed owners in a FB group and it seems to be hit and miss. Several people were kind enough to post pics of their dirty back windows cleared to 180 degrees and some posted videos.
totally. Wasn’t implying this was an alternative to getting it fixed.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I picked up my Big Bend today and it was raining, so I was able to test the rear wiper. It worked fine, complete arc.

Doesn't solve anyone's problem, but I appreciate threads like this -- I never would've tested the rear wiper had I not read about others having issues.

OP
OP
Jill

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up my Big Bend today and it was raining, so I was able to test the rear wiper. It worked fine, complete arc.

Doesn't solve anyone's problem, but I appreciate threads like this -- I never would've tested the rear wiper had I not read about others having issues.
Thank you . This helps my case.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
My BS just arrived at the dealer so I can’t test it, but I grew up in the 70’s driving a van with curtains on the rear windows so I never used a rear-view mirror, just my side ones. I hate having a clean wedge on my back window. If I accidentally use the rear wiper I’ll have to wash the window. :D

OP
OP
Jill

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My BS just arrived at the dealer so I can’t test it, but I grew up in the 70’s driving a van with curtains on the rear windows so I never used a rear-view mirror, just my side ones. I hate having a clean wedge on my back window. If I accidentally use the rear wiper I’ll have to wash the window. :D
Thank you! I had Mustangs in the 70’s ?.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Not only it's small but it's also very loud on mine. Is this normal? The motor is louder than the radio.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anyone tried forcing a skip on the stepper motor in a needed direction?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Haven’t tested ours since the blade came bent from the dealer and needs to be replaced. That said applying rainx (or pick your other brand equivalent) to the rear window helps a ton with keeping the rear window clear and reducing the need to use the wiper.
This 100 times over. Rain X applied correctly the movement of the vehicle keeps the rain off the glass. It's some sort of magic. 80% of the time I don't even use wipers. Try opening the rear glass and running it. If it's not working you aren't going to break it more....you can see the motor working. Just make sure to line the blade up with the opening in the motor when you close the window.

RLader

Outer Banks
First Name
Royce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Chevy solved the problem 35 years ago. They added a spoiler on the top of the Blazer and it kept the rear window clear without a wiper.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hi, I had an issue with my rear wiper not returning to the “park” position. The dealer “fixed” it but now it only clears about 2/3 of the rear window. I’ve owned several Explorers and Escapes and know that the wiper should clear a half-circle on the back window. Dealer says there isn’t an adjustment to fix it. Does anyone else have a rear wiper that’s stopping short?
Resurrecting an old thread here…

In the "parked" position, the rear-glass wiper is supposed to be horizontal (9 o'clock position if facing towards the front, behind the vehicle). It relies on engagement dogs between the on-glass mechanism (the arm) and the on-tailgate mechanism (motor-driver).

I'm fairly sure that same "parked" position also determines the limit in the counter-clockwise direction when operating.

The clockwise limit should be 180° sweep horizontal on the opposite side, so the 3 o'clock position.

It's possible that the clockwise limit is also dynamically determined based on other factors like applied-torque or mechanical/electronic limit-switches.

OP
OP
Jill

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Resurrecting an old thread here…

In the "parked" position, the rear-glass wiper is supposed to be horizontal (9 o'clock position if facing towards the front, behind the vehicle). It relies on engagement dogs between the on-glass mechanism (the arm) and the on-tailgate mechanism (motor-driver).

I'm fairly sure that same "parked" position also determines the limit in the counter-clockwise direction when operating.

The clockwise limit should be 180° sweep horizontal on the opposite side, so the 3 o'clock position.

It's possible that the clockwise limit is also dynamically determined based on other factors like applied-torque or mechanical/electronic limit-switches.

OP
OP
Jill

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Absolutely that’s how it should work. Just like every other SUV on the planet.
Sponsored