Rear tow hook

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands ordered 12/17/2021 - Arrived 3/25/22
After watching some videos from stamping to finish Its easy to not have that item in the frame. Its all in the programming of the stamping and welding the panels together. Thats when the decision to sunroof or not is made. What die gets used in this or that build.
I'm not sure what you mean by "that item" but for those that have the hitch package -- and therefore do not have a threaded hole for the tow eye -- this is from an earlier post of mine:

~~~

Ford and/or our dealer gave us the Curt shackle hitch receiver that they sell, "Part No: VLL3Z19A282A":

https://accessories.ford.com/products/curt-hitch-shackle-kit-1

Ford Bronco Sport Rear tow hook 1654051938985-png-

It's a heavy duty shackle that can be installed as pictured or turned 90 degrees so that it swings side to side.
Sponsored

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I'm not sure what you mean by "that item" but for those that have the hitch package -- and therefore do not have a threaded hole for the tow eye -- this is from an earlier post of mine:

~~~

Ford and/or our dealer gave us the Curt shackle hitch receiver that they sell, "Part No: VLL3Z19A282A":

https://accessories.ford.com/products/curt-hitch-shackle-kit-1

Ford Bronco Sport Rear tow hook 1654051938985-png-

It's a heavy duty shackle that can be installed as pictured or turned 90 degrees so that it swings side to side.
The that item being the threaded area for a eye bolt, Or any item being added to the vehicle. Just like the Badlands has extra reinforcement in the front for the tow hooks. Strange this hitch you posted does not fit the Bronco Sport according to the page when I click on it.

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Any 2” receiver shackle will work with the hitch

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The that item being the threaded area for a eye bolt, Or any item being added to the vehicle. Just like the Badlands has extra reinforcement in the front for the tow hooks. Strange this hitch you posted does not fit the Bronco Sport according to the page when I click on it.
OK, I understand now (the hole for the tow eye).

I imagine that the reason the Curt hitch shackle is listed as not fitting the BS is because the tow package does not come standard.

Instead of saying "does not fit", Ford could say "requires tow package".

I've found that what fits and what does not is sometimes not accurate. For example, I'm looking at a harness for our dog on the Ford accessories website. There is a list of a few vehicles it "fits" -- when of course a dog harness should be able to be used in almost any vehicle.

In any case, the hitch shackle is an option for BS owners who have the tow package and therefore do not have a rear recovery point (cannot use a tow eye). We've already used ours (on our old RAV4, not the Badlands) to move an old Jeep Wrangler that was making it difficult to pull the BS BL in and out of the garage.

BTW -- for anyone interested in the hitch shackle, in earlier posts I describe why Ford and/or our dealer (it's usually hard to tell which, because the dealer takes credit regardless) gave us the hitch shackle for free (because Ford neglected to provide a rear recovery point). For those who do not want to deal with Ford and/or their dealer, the Curt hitch shackle is available online for less than Ford charges -- which is the case with most of the items they sell (unless they are Ford parts).

Last edited:

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It does and it does. They'll get around to adding '23 sometime. Those hitch shackles are a suitable and sometimes better item than the eyebolt.

Ford Bronco Sport Rear tow hook Capture.JPG

sajohnson

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It does and it does. They'll get around to adding '23 sometime. Those hitch shackles are a suitable and sometimes better item than the eyebolt.

Ford Bronco Sport Rear tow hook Capture.JPG
Exactly.

It would be more accurate of Ford to simply say, "Fits any vehicle with a 2" receiver style hitch" (or similar).
Sponsored