Rear Door Locks

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Agreed, Not to mention the app and Alexa commands.
I had an issue repeat itself again with the rear hatch not opening kind of concerning now. I would come out from the store and I go to the rear hatch and usually I push the button by the license plate and it opens for me to load my groceries. But it makes a "unlocking click noise" and the rear lights flash multiple times but I cannot open the hatch. I would have to then walk to the drivers door open it and hit the trunk button on the dash.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cklapka

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands Hot Pepper Red
I had an issue repeat itself again with the rear hatch not opening kind of concerning now. I would come out from the store and I go to the rear hatch and usually I push the button by the license plate and it opens for me to load my groceries. But it makes a "unlocking click noise" and the rear lights flash multiple times but I cannot open the hatch. I would have to then walk to the drivers door open it and hit the trunk button on the dash.
Did it just resolve itself too or did you take it to the dealership?

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Did it just resolve itself too or did you take it to the dealership?
It worked like it supposed to when I got home (intelligent access). I'm starting to think it just gets interference from other wireless frequencies and bug out. I'm still undecided if I want the hassle of taking it to the dealership because I'm sure they would not be able to replicate the issue and it be a big waste of time.

OP
OP
cklapka

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands Hot Pepper Red
It worked like it supposed to when I got home (intelligent access). I'm starting to think it just gets interference from other wireless frequencies and bug out. I'm still undecided if I want the hassle of taking it to the dealership because I'm sure they would not be able to replicate the issue and it be a big waste of time.
I completely understand that.

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
go back to the same store and try to park in the same place. If it happens again you are in luck because you can repeat it. If not then it might have been a one time fluke.

Fordson04

Big Bend
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Do you think its related to this TSB. https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/liftgate-does-not-open-with-intelligent-access-but-glass-does.3081/post-84239 If i tap the hatch release once it will deactivate it and just flash the lights whenever I try to open the hatch. Doing the double press seems to turn it back on. I have been more mindful to make sure I dont hit the hatch button on the remote and havent had any issues since

John2Names

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger
I believe there is a setting for that. Look in the manual. I believe you have a choice of only drivers door or all doors.

jake4042

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Do you think its related to this TSB. https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/liftgate-does-not-open-with-intelligent-access-but-glass-does.3081/post-84239 If i tap the hatch release once it will deactivate it and just flash the lights whenever I try to open the hatch. Doing the double press seems to turn it back on. I have been more mindful to make sure I dont hit the hatch button on the remote and havent had any issues since
My rear hatch only works 60% of the time when I walk up to it and grab the handle and push the button. No way a button is being pressed in my pocket. It was on the list of things to check at the dealer someday.

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My rear hatch only works 60% of the time when I walk up to it and grab the handle and push the button. No way a button is being pressed in my pocket. It was on the list of things to check at the dealer someday.
What handle are you grabbing? If you press the correct button the tailgate will release.

There is a known issue regarding the release button. To fix-use your remote key fob to release the tailgate. After doing this, your release button at the tailgate should work properly if you have the remote in your pocket of near you.

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Sorry guys I’m getting old lol. I caught myself trying to open the rear hatch after several minutes it dawn on me that I was pressing the left button (rear window release button). The hatch door button is on the right…rear window button on left. I do own and drive 2 vehicles so I’m not yet familiar with the bronco. ?

jake4042

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What handle are you grabbing? If you press the correct button the tailgate will release.

There is a known issue regarding the release button. To fix-use your remote key fob to release the tailgate. After doing this, your release button at the tailgate should work properly if you have the remote in your pocket of near you.
I am pushing the right side button to open the whole tailgate. While I understand I can push the button on the remote to unlatch the tailgate that doesn't fix that the proximity unlatching of the tailgate only works 60% of the time. Your suggestion is dealing with the issue, not fixing it.
Sponsored