cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport Badlands Hot Pepper Red
I'm having an issue with the locks in the BS BL. Obviously, the doors lock automatically when the truck get up to speed, but when I need to pick someone up the doors will not unlock unless I open the drivers side door.

I was wondering if I'm missing something. Normally in my past vehicles it would be just pressing the unlock but on the driver's side door. Is there another button or technique I need to learn?
Sponsored

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I'm having an issue with the locks in the BS BL. Obviously, the doors lock automatically when the truck get up to speed, but when I need to pick someone up the doors will not unlock unless I open the drivers side door.

I was wondering if I'm missing something. Normally in my past vehicles it would be just pressing the unlock but on the driver's side door. Is there another button or technique I need to learn?
So are you saying when you press the unlock button on the drivers side door, the doors don't unlock? Pressing that button in my BS unlocks all doors whether or not the car is running.

OP
OP
cklapka

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So are you saying when you press the unlock button on the drivers side door, the doors don't unlock? Pressing that button in my BS unlocks all doors whether or not the car is running.
Yes that is what I am saying. I wasn't sure with all the smart locking technology if there was anything that had to be turned on or a different button.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Yes that is what I am saying. I wasn't sure with all the smart locking technology if there was anything that had to be turned on or a different button.
No idea. It is the way mine has worked since day one, pretty much the same as any other vehicle I have owned. Seems to me that if the unlock button on the drivers door does not unlock the doors there is something wrong with your vehicle.

OP
OP
cklapka

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No idea. It is the way mine has worked since day one, pretty much the same as any other vehicle I have owned. Seems to me that if the unlock button on the drivers door does not unlock the doors there is something wrong with your vehicle.
Thanks for the confirmation of the correct functionality. I'll take it into the dealership and have them take a look,

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you in drive? If so switch to park and see.

loewymartin

Badlands
First Name
MBMartin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Are the child locks turned on? Child locks prevent the rear doors from being opened from the inside. So if those are turned on you cannot open the rear doors regardless of whether you are pushing the unlock button or not.

OP
OP
cklapka

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the child locks turned on? Child locks prevent the rear doors from being opened from the inside. So if those are turned on you cannot open the rear doors regardless of whether you are pushing the unlock button or not.
I haven't looked at that, but will check it out.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport

Good morning! That doesn't sound like something that should be happening with your new Bronco. Could you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist!

Juliet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'm going to preface my question with, I looked in the manual and on the liftgate and could not find my answer. Is there a way to lock all doors from the liftgate? I could not find anything that looked similar to what I've seen on other vehicles. Example: I grab a bag from the back, close the back and push or tap it to lock all doors and then run into the store? Right now I am just going back to the front door and touching the handle to lock.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Right now I am just going back to the front door and touching the handle to lock.
I do not believe there is an "Intelligent Access" panel on the liftgate. Instead of using the panel on the driver/front passenger door you could just use the button on the fob.

OP
OP
cklapka

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After playing around with locking and unlocking and arming with my keyfob the problem appears to have corrected itself. If the problem resurfaces I will take it into the dealership and DM you @Ford Motor Company . Thanks for all the replies :)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
After playing around with locking and unlocking and arming with my keyfob the problem appears to have corrected itself. If the problem resurfaces I will take it into the dealership and DM you @Ford Motor Company . Thanks for all the replies :)
Cool. There's a lot of code involved in the function of the door locks. They must respond to commands from the switch, the fob, the intelligent access panel, and the touch code panel (for those equipped). This includes a requirement that they override owner commands under certain circumstances (cannot lock the doors using the switch if the fob is inside the vehicle for cars with push-button start). I think the system can get "confused" sometimes.

OP
OP
cklapka

cklapka

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. There's a lot of code involved in the function of the door locks. They must respond to commands from the switch, the fob, the intelligent access panel, and the touch code panel (for those equipped). This includes a requirement that they override owner commands under certain circumstances (cannot lock the doors using the switch if the fob is inside the vehicle for cars with push-button start). I think the system can get "confused" sometimes.
Agreed, Not to mention the app and Alexa commands.
Sponsored