Rain sensing wipers? Heated Mirrors?

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Somehow that option must have missed by BL + BL. If I turn them on they just stay on, even on intermittent. I checked the manual and it indicated the feature must be turned on in the Sync display but when I go there the only options are for a "courtesy wipe" after using the washer and a rear swipe when in reverse. Nothing about the autowipe feature.
Sponsored

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
That Badlands underseat storage is *very* small -- like they say, good for a pair of boots/sneakers, *or* maybe a first aid kit, *or*...you get the idea. They make a Ford accessory lock box ("safe") for it to, as an alternative to the one for the center console. I guess you could keep your wallet and passport in there -- it would be sort of neat for that hidey hole to be reasonably *secure*, if security instead of neatness might be one's priority. The rubberized flooring does not stay smooth an clean looking, it gets scuffed (I'll still user rubber mats on it). Still, maybe (probably?) better than carpet in the long run, and easier to clean in the short run.
Yeah, the storage compartment is disappointing. Was hoping to be able to fit my work boots in it.

Bonco

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Pretty Sure in the US OB were only trim with The auto wipers , while in Canada all trims had them.. I think that is the reason some people with bad lands have auto wipers maybe they are in Canada ?

BigPhatPaulie

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
New to the forum but can confirm my BS BL up here in Canada does have auto wipers. (Also has engine cover and hood liner suprisingly)

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Most vehicles that have rain sensing wipers use the camera by the mirror for it. Since all Bronco Sports have the camera it is silly that it isn't available on all models above the base (wouldn't make sense to offer it on the base since that trim has no add features at all).

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
Most vehicles that have rain sensing wipers use the camera by the mirror for it. Since all Bronco Sports have the camera it is silly that it isn't available on all models above the base (wouldn't make sense to offer it on the base since that trim has no add features at all).
Welcome to the world of ... well every single manufacture out there. Almost always the difference between the "base" version of something and the "tricked out" version is how much candy you getting. This is exactly where the factory makes their profits, this is well known.. or should be by now and it is not just Ford that does it. They spend quite a bit of money in marketing to make trims targeted as specific demography groups and then in that they still dangle more goodies, I mean add-ons, just within a "reasonable" upgrade reach.

Lets take the best selling vehicle in America (all of America), the F150. There are like 7 trim levels and each of those trim levels have 2-3 packages you can add. My 2018 F150 4x4 XLT 302A is the "top of line" for the XLT trim level (Though it was missing the FX4 package... see.. always another package to get ;) )

A XL base 4x4 and my decked out XLT? $12K and a bunch of electronics that will eventually break. The mechanically difference was zero. And interestingly enough that base has a lot of pre-wiring already done for all the extra goodies to be installed. Every single Ford, and I bet all other mfg's, have ALL the electronics on ALL of their vehicles for keyless start. You, the operator, no longer tell the starter to turn when you "twist that key" it tells the brain to start the car. So why would they add more expensive, more prone to damage key into the vehicle? To upsell you on candy!!! We all love candy.

So yes while all trims might have that camera, Ford purposely kept items out of certain trims to push people into higher candy brackets, I mean trim packages. Now the BL do add additional mechanical items for an enhanced off-road experience.

So.. this was long sorry.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to the world of ... well every single manufacture out there. Almost always the difference between the "base" version of something and the "tricked out" version is how much candy you getting. This is exactly where the factory makes their profits, this is well known.. or should be by now and it is not just Ford that does it. They spend quite a bit of money in marketing to make trims targeted as specific demography groups and then in that they still dangle more goodies, I mean add-ons, just within a "reasonable" upgrade reach.

Lets take the best selling vehicle in America (all of America), the F150. There are like 7 trim levels and each of those trim levels have 2-3 packages you can add. My 2018 F150 4x4 XLT 302A is the "top of line" for the XLT trim level (Though it was missing the FX4 package... see.. always another package to get ;) )

A XL base 4x4 and my decked out XLT? $12K and a bunch of electronics that will eventually break. The mechanically difference was zero. And interestingly enough that base has a lot of pre-wiring already done for all the extra goodies to be installed. Every single Ford, and I bet all other mfg's, have ALL the electronics on ALL of their vehicles for keyless start. You, the operator, no longer tell the starter to turn when you "twist that key" it tells the brain to start the car. So why would they add more expensive, more prone to damage key into the vehicle? To upsell you on candy!!! We all love candy.

So yes while all trims might have that camera, Ford purposely kept items out of certain trims to push people into higher candy brackets, I mean trim packages. Now the BL do add additional mechanical items for an enhanced off-road experience.

So.. this was long sorry.
Oh I believe it. It would make more sense if Ford trimmed their vehicles like Honda does. Several trims all with specific equipment, no option packages. With the way other manufacturers offer lots of options on various trim levels it seems like it would be easy to offer small things like the rain sensing wipers since the main hardware is there and it just needs a different stalk on the steering column. It also makes me wonder if the co pilot 360+ requires additional hardware like radar or if it is just software. The new Civic does not have radar and manages to offer ACC with just the camera. It will be interesting to see if some of the software only stuff like traffic sign recognition will be able to be enabled with forscan. I've done a few things like disabling auto stop start and the horn honk when exiting with the truck running on my Ranger. Haven't gone much further than those features.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
Oh I believe it. It would make more sense if Ford trimmed their vehicles like Honda does. Several trims all with specific equipment, no option packages. With the way other manufacturers offer lots of options on various trim levels it seems like it would be easy to offer small things like the rain sensing wipers since the main hardware is there and it just needs a different stalk on the steering column. It also makes me wonder if the co pilot 360+ requires additional hardware like radar or if it is just software. The new Civic does not have radar and manages to offer ACC with just the camera. It will be interesting to see if some of the software only stuff like traffic sign recognition will be able to be enabled with forscan. I've done a few things like disabling auto stop start and the horn honk when exiting with the truck running on my Ranger. Haven't gone much further than those features.
Well, to be honest I stopped buying Honda because of their predefined fits-all packages. I like choice and I have very strong feelings about certain options... like moon/sun roofs. I think it is mostly just understanding how they play so you can play on the same field.

As for each manufactures implementation of their driver safety system (TSS for Toyota) they all go about it in different ways. I do not know what all Ford uses and most likely a combination of cameras and radar. I am not sure of a dynamic cruise control system that does not have some kind of radar in combination of camera's... but I could be wrong.
Honda uses radar in their ACC btw: Honda ACC

Ford has two different Co-pilot 360 options in the BS: Co-Pilot 360 and Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ (or something like that) the later needs a radar and in addition to other features adds adapter cruise control and I am guessing it will need software upgrade as I think it requires the built-in nav also.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
There has been a lot of stuff that was initially said to be in certain trims but then turned out not to be. Don’t take too much stock in any of the early material. Like some others have said, I am pretty sure the OB is the only one with the rain sensing wipers. Any video you see with other trims having it was probably preproduction.
I am 100% certain my Canadian spec Big Bend has rain sensing wipers. They even sort of work sort of.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, to be honest I stopped buying Honda because of their predefined fits-all packages. I like choice and I have very strong feelings about certain options... like moon/sun roofs. I think it is mostly just understanding how they play so you can play on the same field.

As for each manufactures implementation of their driver safety system (TSS for Toyota) they all go about it in different ways. I do not know what all Ford uses and most likely a combination of cameras and radar. I am not sure of a dynamic cruise control system that does not have some kind of radar in combination of camera's... but I could be wrong.
Honda uses radar in their ACC btw: Honda ACC

Ford has two different Co-pilot 360 options in the BS: Co-Pilot 360 and Co-Pilot 360 Assist+ (or something like that) the later needs a radar and in addition to other features adds adapter cruise control and I am guessing it will need software upgrade as I think it requires the built-in nav also.
All honda sensing until the 2022 civic used/uses radar. The new civic only uses the camera but has more computer processing power. It is pretty impressive. There's a little lcd screen in the center that shows an animation of what the camera sees around you. It's a little like what a Tesla shows when you are viewing what the system sees when using autopilot. Overall it's a nice car but pretty plain and boring. The BS I am getting does not have the copilot+. Even though I like ACC on my Ranger, it isn't a deal breaker and I don't really think I will miss it since we usually take our Passport on long trips when ACC would be used.. Smart entry/push button start and BLIS were three things I had to have though.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2022-honda-civic-sedan-tech/

Reactions: RRD

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
I've got rain sensing wipers on my Outer Banks and they work very well.
I love the rain sensing wipers. I’ve never had them before. With all of the driving I do it is really handy to have them come on by themselves and automatically adjust speed according to how hard it is raining. It sounds like a silly feature but once you’ve experienced how well it works you’re hooked!
Sponsored