Rick Ford

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I read instructions on another thread about tracking a vehicle via RAIL once it ships. It said when calling CSX to give the Vehicle Initials and then the rail car number. I have the rail car number but I am not sure what the vehicle initials mean. Probably something simple I am overlooking, does anyone know what it means?
Sponsored

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
It’s the four letters before the digits in the railcar number. Ours was TTGX706995, say the TTGX first and then the 706995 when it asks for the number. I’ve been tracking ours 20 times a day since Christmas. I think I have a problem.

OP
OP
Rick Ford

Rick Ford

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It’s the four letters before the digits in the railcar number. Ours was TTGX706995, say the TTGX first and then the 706995 when it asks for the number. I’ve been tracking ours 20 times a day since Christmas. I think I have a problem.
Thank you and I think I have the same problem. :) Mine only has two letters before it so I'll try it.

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Are you sure it’s on CSX already?
Thank you and I think I have the same problem. :) Mine only has two letters before it so I'll try it.
Let us know if it works!

OP
OP
Rick Ford

Rick Ford

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you sure it’s on CSX already?

Let us know if it works!
No, not sure if CSX has it yet. And when I call the AI Operator keeps adding initials I did not say so I just gave up after calling after 5-6 times.

Last edited:

Flash3x

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 Platinum
Shipping starts on FerroMex to the US border then Union Pacific. Then if coming to the east coast transfers to CSX or Norfolk Southern somewhere close the the Mississippi River.

If you just got your shipped notification and the dealer gave you the correct railcar number try Union Pacific 800 877-5123. I still think the railcar# should be 4 letters and 6 numbers.

OP
OP
Rick Ford

Rick Ford

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shipping starts on FerroMex to the US border then Union Pacific. Then if coming to the east coast transfers to CSX or Norfolk Southern somewhere close the the Mississippi River.

If you just got your shipped notification and the dealer gave you the correct railcar number try Union Pacific 800 877-5123. I still think the railcar# should be 4 letters and 6 numbers.
Good info, I'll try it. Thanks,

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Oh wise ones, the update on my car says it has been placed in industry and I can't figure out what that means.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I'm a moron, the tracker was referring to the City of Industry which has a massive Union Pacific railyard. Not too far away now, hopefully I'll be posting a pic of the alto blue badlands soon.

Last edited:

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Oh wise ones, the update on my car says it has been placed in industry and I can't figure out what that means.

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I'm a moron, the tracker was referring to the City of Industry which has a massive Union Pacific railyard. Not too far away now, hopefully I'll be posting a pic of the alto blue badlands soon.
Yeah... We need a guide to decipher what the automated system is telling us.

I just called UP now and sounded like it was "released for movement" at 3PM today after being "loaded" around 4AM. I guess that means they checked and verified it's not going to fall off or something and they can finally ship this thing?

I got the "Shipped" email 4/22 and hoping to get it in the next 7 days.

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Yeah... We need a guide to decipher what the automated system is telling us.

I just called UP now and sounded like it was "released for movement" at 3PM today after being "loaded" around 4AM. I guess that means they checked and verified it's not going to fall off or something and they can finally ship this thing?

I got the "Shipped" email 4/22 and hoping to get it in the next 7 days.
It is all a grand mystery and yes, the automated system can be a bit hard to decipher for sure. About all I was able to figure out is it left Arizona, then left "somewhere" (station name is hard to make out) and May 22nd is estimated arrival at industry. Guessing that is the last stop and a truck takes it from there to dealer. Or something.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
It is all a grand mystery and yes, the automated system can be a bit hard to decipher for sure. About all I was able to figure out is it left Arizona, then left "somewhere" (station name is hard to make out) and May 22nd is estimated arrival at industry. Guessing that is the last stop and a truck takes it from there to dealer. Or something.
Are you in Southern California by chance?

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Are you in Southern California by chance?
Nope! Austin Texas. I thought Industry might refer to City of Industry but that would not make much sense as the trains to Texas go through Tuscon and on to El Paso, etc.

This is using the UP tracker. CSX tracker shows same car number arriving at destination in Alabama 2 days after it left Mexico.

The whole system is wacked.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Nope! Austin Texas. I thought Industry might refer to City of Industry but that would not make much sense as the trains to Texas go through Tuscon and on to El Paso, etc.

This is using the UP tracker. CSX tracker shows same car number arriving at destination in Alabama 2 days after it left Mexico.

The whole system is wacked.
The mystery continues it seems. Guess the Industry thing was a coincidence.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The mystery continues it seems. Guess the Industry thing was a coincidence.
Yeah. It's stupid. Between trying to figure that UP automated response out and hacking Palsapp, there's no actual information to be had. Not even Ford chat nor the dealer have legitimate info.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Yeah. It's stupid. Between trying to figure that UP automated response out and hacking Palsapp, there's no actual information to be had. Not even Ford chat nor the dealer have legitimate info.
I think this is where I lost my patience. You can track an insignificant Amazon order wire-to-wire, but you can’t track a car that you’re going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on. Like that’s just not good enough.

What makes that worse is even Chrysler does a better job at allowing their customers to track their orders.
Sponsored