rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport-Badlands, BMW330i, Subaru Forester
Has anyone else had their entertainment (radio, Sirius, or Apple Play music) start up without being deliberately activated? So it's JDA (Just Driving Along) and suddenly music starts. This has happened twice in my BS Badlands, currently at 1500 miles.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I haven't experienced this issue, but something similar, and perhaps related? I use Android Auto, and listen to several different sources (music/podcast/audiobook apps) on my phone while driving. I've noticed that if I don't plug the phone in fast enough after starting the car the audio system will switch the input to the radio and begin playback. I've found that turning the audio system to OFF (press the power button on the left knob) prior to plugging my phone in to activate Android Auto prevents the system from spontaneously beginning playback of the radio the next time I start the vehicle.

Last edited:

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I had this happen and the wipers coming on by themselves in a brand new 1984 Plymouth Reliant wagon. Had a low tire, took it to the garage and they found the nail, IN THE TIRE ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE. I named the car Christine and traded it in about 6 months later. I saw the car about 2 years later at a gas station and I guess , from what the new owner told me, doing the same things.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Yes... several times... radio turning on without any input from me. 2022 Badlands with nearly 7,000 miles.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Has anyone else had their entertainment (radio, Sirius, or Apple Play music) start up without being deliberately activated? So it's JDA (Just Driving Along) and suddenly music starts. This has happened twice in my BS Badlands, currently at 1500 miles.
Good afternoon! I would like to take a closer look at your Bronco's audio issues. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so I can start looking into this on my end?

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I had this happen and the wipers coming on by themselves in a brand new 1984 Plymouth Reliant wagon. Had a low tire, took it to the garage and they found the nail, IN THE TIRE ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE. I named the car Christine and traded it in about 6 months later. I saw the car about 2 years later at a gas station and I guess , from what the new owner told me, doing the same things.
So admin will scold me for replying to this useless reply, but they will not do anything about the useless reply?

Way to go, @Administrator

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
Mine does this all the time - drives me nuts. I rarely even listen to the radio, but I do listen to podcasts with Iheartradio - but I usually shut this off before exiting the car. I will start up car - drive down the street, and suddenly, my radio will come on out of nowhere.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So admin will scold me for replying to this useless reply, but they will not do anything about the useless reply?

Way to go, @Administrator
Barry, I believe Peter's post was meant to be humorous rather than answer directly to the issue. Whether or not one finds humor useful is a matter of opinion.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i think the most logical explanation is a ghost.

OP
OP
rjs0962

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good afternoon! I would like to take a closer look at your Bronco's audio issues. Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer so I can start looking into this on my end?
My VIN3FMCR9D9XNRE11571 The dealer I used for the purchase is Packey Webb Ford, in Downers Grove,IL. I have not yet approached them to attempt a fix. I've been hoping it would happen a few more times so I could note what the circumstances were, i.e. phone plugged in or blue tooth, FM or Apple Play, or Sirius source.
i think the most logical explanation is a ghost.

OP
OP
rjs0962

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that's got to be it--a ghost. In the meantime I'm starting a log to see if I can gather enough data to spot a pattern.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Yes, that's got to be it--a ghost. In the meantime I'm starting a log to see if I can gather enough data to spot a pattern.
Have you tried the basics? i.e. factory reset of Sync, pulling fuse, etc ...

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Not spontaneously, however I use the wireless Android Auto dongle and if I pause a podcast or something it will go to the radio and start playing that. I wish I could just disable the AM/FM radio altogether.

OP
OP
rjs0962

rjs0962

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried the basics? i.e. factory reset of Sync, pulling fuse, etc ...
Not yet. Since at the moment the problem is intermittent, I want to see if I can discern a pattern. And because it's under warranty I'll let my Ford Dealer take a whack at it first.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've owned cars for 60 years and to this day I've never turned a car radio off, so I can't help.

OTOH, if it turns off by itself I'll post.
Sponsored