johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Anyone else having a hard time cleaning the dust/leaf gunk etc collecting on the windshield/wiper area?
The car design in that part makes you open up the hood first before you can lift the wipers to get a good clean in there :whew:
Sponsored

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
had cars like this before with "hidden" wipers. start the wipers and stop them in mid stroke to clean down there. works for blade replacement also.

Elboy

Badlands
First Name
Elden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
pull the wipers up the glass first then pluck them away from the glass after. i was confused at first too but saw other posts regarding this.

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pull the wipers up the glass first then pluck them away from the glass after. i was confused at first too but saw other posts regarding this.
Thanks for the tip, I was finally able to try it the other day
Here’s the video for the others to see; note that car is off which disengages the motor for the wipers so you can pull and pluck

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Here’s the video for the others to see; note that car is off which disengages the motor for the wipers so you can pull and pluck
No way! Are you kidding me!? All this time, I've been afraid to pull on arms like that. I don't think I've ever owned another vehicle where the wipers had a "neutral" mode. I'm probably still too chicken to do it! :crackup:

Anyone that does, be 200% sure the arm is back down before turning on the car or else the arm will remove all the paint on the back edge of the hood.

OP
OP
johnardsg

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No way! Are you kidding me!? All this time, I've been afraid to pull on arms like that. I don't think I've ever owned another vehicle where the wipers had a "neutral" mode. I'm probably still too chicken to do it! :crackup:

Anyone that does, be 200% sure the arm is back down before turning on the car or else the arm will remove all the paint on the back edge of the hood.
Yeah i was too chicken to try it before and yes what a bright idea to have neutral mode for the wipers hehehe

DebLM

Heritage
First Name
Debra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Thanks for the tip, I was finally able to try it the other day
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS VIDEO. I wash my own car and have only done it twice now. I wanted to clean the wiper area but was afraid I'd break them. It didn't make sense to turn the car on to operate them and try to stop them in the middle. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport